Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Advice Needed for traffic (driving on a bus lane offence) penalty charge
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

I’ve just received a collect services letter for £270 for a penalty charge.

I thought that is high for a £30 fine (I was lost too so probably did make a mistake).

I called Reading Council and explained that I never received any tickets or photographic evidence in the post till today!

(The offence was in July and I had moved address and sent the DVLA changes in June) and had Royal Mail forward any mail for 6 months.

Had I one I would like to see the evidence before paying and why was it so high.

They tell me it is too late and seek legal advice and they cannot do a thing.

So what option do I have than to pay or seek legal advice?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Pepipoo is the best forum to ask on. Any bullshit gets deleted by the mods, so you’re left with the correct advice!

allthepies
    Free Member

Any bullshit gets deleted by the mods, so you’re left with the correct advice!

If that policy applied on here the place would be empty.

Markie
    Free Member

If that policy applied on here the place would be empty.

Not entirely empty… black chili rubber queens are awesome tires!

brakes
    Free Member

I had a similar thing a while back, the ticket was for a hire car so I had some room for manoeuvre. I denied having received any tickets apart from the last one threatening court action and just paid the original fine of £30.
    Haven’t heard anything since.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have a form to fill in to explain I did not receive anything in the post and my solicitor has to sign it.

Will see what happens.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Do not understand why you need a solicitors signature, £270 is punitive, do they have the clout to be punitive ?.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Just had my £300 ticket reduced to £30.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Advice Needed for traffic (driving on a bus lane offence) penalty charge’ is closed to new replies.