Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OSX Snow Leopard install disc won't mount – eek?!?!!
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Trying to repair my HD on my iMac 27in running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. The DVD I bought – the iMac didn’t come with disks in the box – isn’t installing.

Has anyone got a Snow Leopard installer disk that I could get a copy of? It might work.

Otherwise, Apple Care tell me I’m looking at a one hour drive to the nearest Apple Reseller.

sputnik
    Free Member

I’ve made an installer USB drive you can borrow. I will have to look for it though so if you have a bit of patience then I’m happy to help.

cakefest
    Free Member

sputnik, ygm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sandwich

When you say won’t mount. Is this just putting the disc in the drive, or starting up with it?

somouk
    Free Member

What colour disk do you have? A grey one or a black one?

If it’s the grey one then it must be the exact one for the model of Mac.

mboy
    Free Member

If your machine didn’t come with a disc, it’s likely it had OS 10.7 Lion installed not Snow leopard, as any machine sold with Snow Leopard or earlier will have come with an install disc.

In which case, newer hardware will in general not run the older Operating System.

What does it say the software version of your system is currently in About this Mac?

cakefest
    Free Member

sandwich – while looking at the desktop the DVD mounts. then restart, hold down C, then after 20secs of spinning i’m just left with the grey apple logo and screen. if i try pressing ALT instead of C after restarting, i choose the Install DVD option but get 20secs of spinning again then just grey apple logo and screen.

somouk – DVD has photograph of Snow Leopard on it. not grey, or black.

mboy – iMac was purchased around Oct 2010. I used Time Machine backups from my recently OSX updated Oct 2007 MacbookPro to install all software. Lion only released July 2011. About This Mac shows 10.6.8.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OSX Snow Leopard install disc won't mount – eek?!?!!’ is closed to new replies.