Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ospreys
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Great win :-)Hibbard was just immense, put in 3 big hits in 30 seconds. Cockerill was even gracious in defeat. The 16 men thing will be brought up but Leicester seemed to lose faith around the 60 minute mark. The last five mins were a bit nerve racking.

sohala
    Free Member

yeah, i agree it was a great game. it's only the second 'union' game i've ever watched, the first one being last night (munster/ northampton)
    i'm a league man myself, but tbh, kick n clap has been quite entertaining 😉

anagallis_arvensis

great result but i missed the game 😥
    some intresting selections coming up for wales, how was Hook at 12? How did JT go at lock? Hibbard isnt even in squad is he?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not that I'll EVER be bothered seeing Leicester cheated out of a game…but surely the 16 man thing has to be looked at? Especially with the recent problems rugby has had…do you not think Ospreys fans should be worried.

Not thaty they'll go beyond the semis anyway… 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Hook was great at 12 but I dont think it is where he wants to be. Biggar had a great game. The front row was very strong, JT seemed to do well one daft penalty. Alan Lewis is such an inconsistent ref.

The 16 man thing might come back to haunt but I dont think so.

Deadly we will see 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

ospreys result wont be overturned, fine at worst, depends if they can prove they told the 4th official. Same happend with england at worldcup a few years ago. Agree with other points though…. Tiggers should be called Cheeters.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, given that they're best runners-up, they get the most difficult route to the final should they make it. Who do you want in the quarters, who do you not want?

anagallis_arvensis

not Leinster or Munster, not away in France, so that leaves Northhampton doesnt it? I wouldnt be suprised to see them get drawn against Clemont, is that possible?

Pigface
    Free Member

I would take Northampton, who ever it will be a big ask.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From the ERC website:

Teams ranked 1 – 4 will have home advantage. The Quarter-Finals will be:
    Team 1 v Team 8; Team 2 v Team 7; Team 3 v Team 6; Team 4 v Team 5

From what I can see, that would give us:

Munster in the top half (and most likely to ranked 1) and depending on results today, I'd say Biarritz, Toulouse, Leinster possibly Clermont if there are weird results. Stade Francais, Saints and yourselves in the bottom half. You get to play the team ranked second, which is almost definitely going to be a French side, away. If there are weird results today, then it'll be Leinster.

Either way guys, you're ****! 😀

EDIT:

I would take Northampton, who ever it will be a big ask.

It can't be Northampton….sorry

anagallis_arvensis

Either way guys, you're ****!

Indeed. However given how backrows and breakdowns win games at the moment, Ospreys do have a world clas first choice backrow. So whilst I doubt they'll get any further anything is possible!

Pigface
    Free Member

🙄 dont fancy a trip to France, well Leinster are a Magners outfit and beatable. The words straws, at and clutching spring to mind. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Leinster…a Magners outfit?

They are reigning champions…and gave us a hiding in the semi last year and completely obliterated us in the Magners late last year. To be honest, I'd rather a trip to one of the French sides to catch them on an "off" day.

a_a…very true what you say. Anything is possible, and I really would like to see the Ospreys get a good run…unless they end up at Thomond Park, in which case, I'll gladly see them buried in the Limerick mud…nothing personal.

IdleJon

The Ospreys could contrive to lose a game against Aberavon, if they were in that sort of mood, so who they get in the quarters seems irrelevant. (Remember the Saracens games two years ago?)

I should have gone to the game yesterday, but thought it would be the normal 'Ospreys didn't bother turning up type game'. How wrong was I?

IdleJon

According to the paper today, Leicester have appointed lawyers and are looking for a replay or for the Ospreys to have points deducted if it can be shown that they knew what they were doing in putting 16 men on the pitch.

The most cheatingest team in the Northern Hemisphere worried that someone has cheated them out of a competition? What's the rugby world coming to?

anagallis_arvensis

the sanction for the offense is a penalty at the point where the offence was noticed. That the ref failed to do this could well come back and bit them in the ass. Byrne has been effectively cited. Very little chance of the game being re played though. If it is I'd like the new law to be backdated to 2003 please.

kennyp
    Free Member

According to the paper today, Leicester have appointed lawyers

Pathetic. What happened to the old rugby ethos of taking your defeat like a man?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Leicester stopped applying that ethos to their game years ago. Never forgiven.

kennyp
    Free Member

That's right. Neil Back wasn't it, if I remember correctly?

IdleJon

A 2 week ban for Byrne, and a £21000 fine for the Ospreys.

The ban will take Byrne out of the English game – conveniently for them – and the fine iirc is just over twice that handed out to England in 2003.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think the fine reasonable but the ban is a disgrace.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think the fine reasonable but the ban is a disgrace.

+1. Totally. In fact, +10000000000000000000000000

Wheeler has been an utter cock about this.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ospreys’ is closed to new replies.