• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Osprey Raptor – sizing?
  • logic1980
    Free Member

Hi just looking for a bit of advise from users of the Osprey Raptor – im 6’2″ and I am looking for a Raptor 10 which snow+rock are doing for £45 but only have S/M sizes left or the Raptor 14 in M/L for £51.

my question is could I get away with the S/M as surely this is only for the correct positioning of the waist strap?
    Or if not is the Raptor 14 to big for daily rides and becomes a nuisance?

Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

my question is could I get away with the S/M as surely this is only for the correct positioning of the waist strap?

Nope. It’s the whole shape of the thing, including the spacing and positioning of the shoulder straps etc.

Osprey are really serious about how they design and build their packs (Have met the head honcho and he’s evangelical about it, in a good way!) so I would go with the larger back size given your height, as it’s going to be a better overall fit.

logic1980
    Free Member

I thought as much to be honest – just worried the Raptor 14 will be far to big for what I intend to use it for – 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No need to worry about that. It has really good compression straps to hold stuff in place if it’s not full.

Top piece of kit, go for it!

logic1980
    Free Member

You dont work for Osprey do you – lol – its a great price, im amazed as these are so popular

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope, certainly not….! I have a Raptor 10 and love it, though! Always happy to praise good kit from a good company!

db

Hijack….

I have a Raptor 18 (long) in Red. Bought it in May for £80 – used for 3 rides but just don’t get on with it.

I would suggest try before buy!

ps – if anybody wants my Raptor drop me a mail with an offer thinking £50ish

thanks and apologies for interruption

db

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I have a raptor 14 and it’s such a clever piece of kit, it becomes huge if need be for all dayers and becomes small for quick rides, really impressed with quality of it. I’ve no idea what size it is and didn’t even know they had sizes but I’m a fat fecka and have had no problems getting it around my ample waistline..

logic1980
    Free Member

What dont you like about it – is it the hydration system, the fit/Feel??

ART

Have just got the 14 S/M in that Snow&Rock bargain sale. Looks well put together, albeit quite different from the Camelbak & Dakines that I’m used to. Mostly got it for longer stuff, day rides etc, so am hoping that it’s as good as everyone says it is….

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I bought a Raptor 10 in M/L on the Snow & Rock offer and it is really nice and fits me well at 6′ 4″. Looking at the pictures of the 14 I don’t think it would be that much bigger and does have the compression straps as CaptainFlashheart says.

logic1980
    Free Member

Iv just brought the Raptos 14 from there – I think the Raptor 10 would have been better for my needs but i needed the M/L so didnt see the point in paying the full price from somewhere else to actually get less – like most ppl are saying though the pack compresses down well and il have the space if needs be to – and at a price that is plain crazy –

thanks every1 for your posts – il let you all know what I think when it turns up

logic1980
    Free Member

well just got the raptor – sizing seems really good in the M/L raptor 14 and the pack size does really compress down tight so no issues there either.

really happy with my choice.

FOG

No the size is critical. I often use my wife’s 11 litre Talon which is S/M and it really is a squeeze and I am only 5′ 10″ so for your height larger the better

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Raptor – sizing?’ is closed to new replies.