Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Osprey Raptor Sizes
  • fathomer

Has anyone used both the 10 and the 14? I have a 10 and love it. Problem is, with a fullish bladder, once I chuck the rain coat, map etc. in I’m struggling to get lunch in as well.

Question is, how much bigger is the main compartment of the 14 in comparison? Is it actually 4 litres or is a chunk of that made up by the open front pocket?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I looked at both in the flesh in go outdoors when I bought my 10. Seem to remember the 14 being significantly bigger but I think it was mostly the front pocket.

Not sure if that vague reply is any help or not!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a 14 and it carries what I need for most if not all rides that I do.
    I have an Osprey Zealot 18 which is huge and hasn’t been used in 18 months!
    It’s odd because even when it’s not packed out it seems full but then you can always fit more in-if that makes sense?
    Has compression straps to pull it in when not overly full anyway.
    I don’t think the front pocket if you mean the exterior one is that big-I only have a couple of tubes in mine.
    Easily takes normal riding kits plus jacket, spare gloves, base later and lunch.
    Pads if you’re into them can go on the outside too
    Cheers
    Steve

FOG

I have the 13l Venom which is a cheaper non-bike specific pack. It does have pump retainers etc and is generally similar to the Raptor. When I first got it I used it all the time but after a while I found I was taking everything but the kitchen sink on every ride regardless of need. Once the summer came I went back to a bottle and a bum bag which leads me to be a lot more selective about what I take. I still use the Osprey for big days out especially in Scotland where you really do need to have a good range of food, clothes and bits just in case. It is an excellent comfortable pack but unless you want to do a lot of big days , I would go for one of the smaller packs in the range.

fathomer

Thanks people 😀

I must be rubbish at packing as the last time I went out for the day, I didn’t take a jacket and struggled to get lunch in my 10. Very squashed cobs came out at lunch!

I’m going to order a 14 from CRC and if it’s no bigger it’s free to send it back anyway.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

I have a 10 and 14, raptors, the 14 isn’t a fat lot bigger really, took it to Cham, couldn’t get my baguette in it, ****.

…great bags though, trail centre packs though really.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

If you want a mega massive pack go get an EVOC, fookin’ mahoosive.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Raptor Sizes’ is closed to new replies.