Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Osprey Raptor 14 v Camelback M.U.L.E. NV – Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Both seem pretty decent – is the Raptor worth the extra few quid?
    Discuss.

Vortexracing

having had the mule (not NV) and the raptor 14.

my view is the raptor is far superior and worth the extra dosh.

footprints in Glasgow have them at good prices.

FOG

Outside in Hathersage has the Raptor 14 for £69 reduced from £85 as well as some deals on other Osprey stuff. I know this cos I bought a Talon last week when it was full price b*******ds

lakesrider
    Free Member

i wasnt that impressed with mine – the fabric is very lightweight material and after only a few outings mine had a few scuffs and tufty bits in the fabric from just putting it on the ground and riding through narrow forest tracks. I think the Camelbak material is stronger… but then again the camelbaks are heavier.

robgarrioch

Can only advise on the Raptor – pretty good so far, decent luggage capacity for a day long ride, 3 litre water capacity + good delivery, sits well on the back (yet to try it on a hot day though, as if that's really a concern…). Little side pockets on the hip belt are brilliant.
    Only complaint is how 'strappy' it is, too much doubling over of straps to create 2 where there should only be one. I've cut some stitching so the shoulder / waist tighteners have just one flappy end. And the original bladder leaked immediately (replaced right away by BikeTreks though)

tang
    Free Member

had a camelbak, tried a osprey (better than the mule) got a wingnut! very good indeed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Raptor FTW!

FuzzyWuzzy

I have a Raptor 10 and like it, the only thing I'd say is my old Camelbak Blowfish was much more comfortable when over-stuffed. If what you want to carry fits snugly into the Raptor then it's very comfy but if you try and squeeze a bit more in then the stiff backboard seems to put all it's pressure in one area at the top of your back which is irritating.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Had a Mule, just got a Dakine Drafter. Much better. Not sure about hydrapak bladders, but time will tell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Raptor 14 v Camelback M.U.L.E. NV – Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!’ is closed to new replies.