Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • osprey hydraulics reservoirs
  • MSP

Has anyone used them in non osprey packs? I find that camelback reservoirs do not sit well in my evoc pack and was thinking about getting a osprey hydraulics reservoir, I like the idea of the rigid element to keep its shape and the magnetic bite valve.

z1ppy

Rigid element? As in the baffle? Just bought a Dakine bladder (same producer with baffle but no magnetic bit) & though I am using it in an osprey pack… It sits much better than my ‘old’ CB bladder due to the baffle not allowing all the water to sit at the bottom. Had thought it would an issue but it’s makes it sit much much much better within the pack

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

They’re a more rigid, rectangular shape rather than the flexy water sausage that my camelbaks end up like, so I find they sit better. Still a bit of movement if the pack is too big for the reservoir but it’s a lot better.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I use my Osprey bladder in my DaKine heli pack on snow. Holds a much better shape than the Camelbak and stays nice and flat.

77ric
    Free Member

Don’t the camelback antidote reservoirs have a baffle now?

z1ppy

May well do, as they apparently have clip on hoses, which was the reason I went for the Dakine (osprey) bladder

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Camelbak have a central baffle, which makes 2 ‘sausages’ instead of 1. It’s better than the old ones.

Osprey have a semi rigid moulded back panel which keeps the whole thing flat.

Shred
    Free Member

As long as you have enough padding between it and your back. I got one but it ended up hurting my back.

qwerty
    Free Member

Osprey water sloshed around in mine, i didn’t like the noise so sold it on. Camelbak works fine for me, always clipped in up via the blue cord loop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘osprey hydraulics reservoirs’ is closed to new replies.