Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Osprey Escapist
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’m looking at one of these for bike commuting when Uni starts again, but I can’t decide between the 32 and the 25: Looking at the dims, there doesn’t appear to be too much difference in the overall length, which leads me to towards the 32, but it is wider and deeper than the 25.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

I’d need to carry: Lecture notes and equipment (usually an A4 pad, a tablet, writing and drawing equipment), lunchbox, casual shoes/t-shirt, cable lock, wallet, phone, and possibly a book or two.

Cheers.

stuc
    Free Member

I would probably go for the 32. I have the 25 and while its good for big days in the hills with several tubes, first aid kit, bivvy bag etc your looking at carrying bulkier stuff like shoes/tablet etc. Ive found mine to be comfortable when loaded.

mikey74
    Free Member

That’s kinda what I’m thinking. It’s not for great distance (10 miles max), so the extra size shouldn’t be too much of a problem, I don’t think.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have the 32. It should be big enough for your uni stuff. I’m always surprised how much I can fit in there.

allyharp

I have the 32 and it’s great. Definitely sweatier on my back than my 20l Camelbak, but that’s just a feature of the large footprint. I don’t think the 25 has a significantly smaller contact area.

IainAhh
    Free Member

I’ve had both.
    Currently got a 25.
    The 32 has noticable more space / deeper. Feels the same on your back.
    As if you fill up the front / top pockets like i do it eats into the main body space.
    Great bags.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. It looks like the 32L one is the winner.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Out of interest, can the side pockets take normal bike water bottles? Sometimes i can’t be bothered faffing with a bladder and i’ve got no bottle cages on the full sus.

IainAhh
    Free Member

Yes the side meshes will take a bike bottle.
    If the bag is full of stuff it might be a bit harder to get it in.

mechanicaldope

Will it fit a 15″ or so laptop?

loddrik
    Free Member

The 32 will

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Escapist’ is closed to new replies.