Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Osprey bladder is doing my nut in….
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

I’m sure this is going to start a thread full of hilarious leaky bladder type jokes…
    However- I’ve got the Osprey 3ltr bladder with the 1/4 lock lid, every time I fill it it seems to leak. It doesn’t have a hole in it, I check it is properly fastened but it somehow seems to leak. I spoke to a mate yesterday who’d had exactly the same issue. I dont want to just bin it as I like the rigid back on it much more for fitting it in the rucsac ( An Osprey Raptor 10 and an Osprey Escapist 32) and the magnetic clip is really good, but has anybody got any similar stories and if so did you manage to sort it?…

hammyuk
    Free Member

I have one of these and yes – if you aren’t careful it leaks.
    The trick is that you have to “nip” it not just turn it to where you think it stops.
    In hindsight – I should’ve bought another Hydrapac – fold and slide – never leaked once.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Mine leaked a couple of times but it was down to not quite screwing it closed enough. Always make sure now it’s tight and not had an issue since.

Bite valve leaks annoyingly though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Odd -the bite valve on mine doesn’t. Have several of the mag ones I have fitted to other bladders too.

superfli
    Free Member

Be careful to check the plastic oring that holds the screw cap is flush with the reservoir. I find mine leaks if it moves away slightly and up the thread, preventing the cap from screwing down properly.

onehundredthidiot

IF its faulty they will probably replace. I broke the chest strap clasp on my osprey and they’re sending one foc after a couple of photos. After only a couple of days.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Same as superfli.

wallop

I’ve taken the plastic o-ring off.

It’s a shame really – in every other way I find the Osprey superior to the camelbak, but the threads on the lid just DO MY NUT IN.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Ah, so I’m not the only one…

Mine done this, so I took it back to Cotswold Outdoor who replaced the bladder no questions asked. The new one has been fine since but will remember these points when / if it leaks!

julians
    Free Member

Mine has done this a couple of times, but on closer inspection its been because i didnt tighten the lid correctly, or cross threaded it

slowclimb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, glad its not just me!

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

No similar issues – you just have to pay attention when doing it up… It helps that the logo sits perfectly in line when it’s done up properly.

ebennett

I’ve had this problem too, drives me up the wall when I get a suddenly soggy arse halfway through a ride! I find if you’re very careful about how you screw the lid on it’s usually fine though. Might have to take the seal out, clean it, and re-seat it too.

jam1e
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me who can’t screw an Osprey bladder shut!

My 3 litre bladder is fine but my 2 litre bladder is really leaky (enough that I don’t use it any more)

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Have to make sure you screw it up straight or it will leak. I normally give it a turn the wrong way before doing up to make sure it’s sitting flat and straight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Osprey bladder is doing my nut in….’ is closed to new replies.