Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Oslo – trail riding help
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

Hi! I’m thinking of heading off to Oslo for a solo riding trip in May. I’ve wanted to visit for a while and I’ve got a few days off work, so why not.

Does anyone know much about the trails there? Anyone out there want to show me around? Anyone know any good guides or clubs that I could tag along with?

stevextc
    Free Member

As a starter for 10 .(going back nearly 2 decades though).. I used to ride at Tryvann which had miles of trails that are skiing in winter and riding in summer

steezysix
    Free Member

You can do a lot of downhill and trail riding from Tryvann, the “1” metro line takes you right from the city center nearly all the way to the top of the mountain and bikes are allowed on outside of rush hour. There’s also lots of riding in the Normarka which is the huge expanse of forest surrounding the city. I’ve not done much of the techy riding as I only have my touring bike here, but will bring my MTB back with me this summer. Sadly I won’t be here in May or I would join you!

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Tryvann and Normarka. Cheers!

steezysix
    Free Member

Just be aware that if you are here on May 17th, the whole country takes the day off, dresses up and gets wasted drunk for their National day. It’s a fun time, but central Oslo will be heaving and all shops will be shut. It’s an amazing place though, enjoy your visit!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Oslo – trail riding help’ is closed to new replies.