Viewing 40 posts - 10,161 through 10,200 (of 12,715 total)
  • Osbourne says no to currency union.
  • TheFlyingOx

Mortgage rates are set by banks

Yup, and my bank base my mortgage interest rate on the BoE rate.

If the BoE suddenly becomes a foreign institution then how might my mortgage situation change, given the above caveat of Scottish property, English mortgage company?

EDIT – I should add, I’m in no way trying to be inflammatory. I’m just starting to wonder how my personal finances may be affected given the increase in Yes support suggested by the YouGov poll.

gordimhor

Athgray I know” The Sunday Mail” isnt much of a paper but to liken it to “The Mail on Sunday”is a real insult 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, defo something funny going on

Panelbase result:

NO – 48%
    YES – 44%

(including don’t knows obvs) up till now Panelbase has normally shown higher Yes figures than the other polls by a fair margin

BruceWee

Yup, and my bank base my mortgage interest rate on the BoE rate.

If the BoE suddenly becomes a foreign institution then how might my mortgage situation change, given the above caveat of Scottish property, English mortgage company?

If I were you I’d sell up now before the rush starts.

Buy a camper van instead.

epicyclo

Rick Draper – Member
    If Scotland do go independent England need a land border similar to the one between Mexico and the USA with shoot at sight powers!

That’s pretty mean.

Why not just let the English refugees cross the border to Scotland unshot?

They’d be welcome. With our access laws we have enough singletrack for everyone.

gordimhor

Panelbase poll has No on 52% and Yes on 48% with dk excluded according to BBC news.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yeah, thats hardly moved at all then 😕

(both gained 2 from the undecideds)

very odd!

Northwind

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

Taking a moment aside folks, just for a wee seperate side issue – forget how you actually want the vote to go, how do you actually think the vote will go?.

My prediction was always that it’d go 45% yes, 55% no- and that you’d instantly have Westminster declaring that an overwhelming victory and endorsement. My assumption was always that the Yes vote would fall off as the vote got closer tbh. I think for the first time I’ll actually be gutted if we lose, really I thought even to get close would be a massive achievement and I still think that.

But I think we could have it. It’ll be pant-shittingly close though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope you’re right Andrew!.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Panelbase one is interesting – I guess what both polls show is that it’s going to be close, we’re really in the margins of error here probably.

aracer
    Free Member

Shy No Factor?

bencooper
    Free Member

Maybe – though would that affect an anonymous poll?

ninfan
    Free Member

Panelbase

Yougov

Doesn’t really add up does it? 😕

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

One poll goes in the separatists favour (after the don’t knows have been removed 😉 ) and they think they have it in the bag.

bencooper
    Free Member

Most definitely not in the bag,

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Most definitely not in the bag,

yes it is

Brown Effect: Gap Closes 12 Points Since Gordon Joined 'No'

Jonah curse in full effect

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s only in the last week or so that I’ve started to believe it might actually happen, but the only poll that really matters is on the 18th.

epicyclo

We just need some more Lords sent up here to explain the error of our ways, a handful more of knighted celebrities, and some fitba personalities.

That should swing it… 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Gordon is enough……….

konabunny
    Free Member

Interesting that Yessers are happy to suggest that Gordon Brown (a man who has spent his entire life living and working in Scotland) is being “sent up here” as if all Naysayers were English being directed by English people. Nice.

The poll also shows that trust in all the other party leaders is much, much lower than that for Salmond and Sturgeon.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

epicyclo

konabunny – Member
    Interesting that Yessers are happy to suggest that Gordon Brown (a man who has spent his entire life living and working in Scotland) is being “sent up here”…

Perfectly understandable. He’s been spouting so many lies and misinformation that he has been mistaken for a Bullingdon Boy… 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Strange, I’d have thought that would result in him being mistaken for Alex.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My “event” is a weekend thingy and just spent the last hour in a bar with 2 MPs – lab and Tory – and had a more senior Tory at the dinner. Giving them a bloody hard time at such a lacklustre effort especially with 51% flashing on the screens behind us. Bloody Tory senior member still confident. Labour less so and then had the cheek to say what are we doing about it. That Joe Public should be knocking on doors of No voters. I tried to remind him what “representative” government meant but to no avail. TBF, at least he cared.

They explained the tactics that they have been advised to use in debating with the DO – total bllx advice they have been given IME but it explains some of the debates and their (mistaken) approach.. Fascinating last hour if frustrating.

49/51 but who knows which way. No clear mandate. Unnecessary uncertainty. Bloody chaos. What a buggers muddle.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Independence will be better than the federalism that BT are now talking of offering the Scots. That would just lead to even more political inequality.

piemonster

Ok, and with that Panelbase poll my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is looking more plausible.

piemonster

Independence will be better than the federalism that BT are now talking of offering the Scots. That would just lead to even more political inequality.

I’ll leave aside the merits of Federalism.

But what a **** stupid time to bring it up by Westminster. This close to the vote, It’s less a chance for real change and more about winning votes at any cost.

That said, two weeks to the vote it’s no surprise. Always expected silly season to be in full swing.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I would hope that the people of Scotland are too astute to fall for that cheap political play.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Calm down dear! It was bound to happen that some of the undecideds would choose the Yes side. I think this is a contrived effort to frighten the apathetic Nays into turning out.

piemonster

It’s interesting that the ‘don’t knows’ have only dropped to 2% since the 7th August.

But No has gone from a 20% lead to a 2% deficit. Which suggests there’s a lot more going on than undecideds committing to Yes.

piemonster

Calm down dear! It was bound to happen that some of the undecideds would choose the Yes side. I think this is a contrived effort to frighten the apathetic Nays into turning out.

Oi! back the **** off, that’s my conspiracy theory 👿

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Frankly I distrust any opinion poll, no matter its methodology. The vote may be closer than first anticipate but I still expect a No. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if that isn’t the case and making plans to be the first asylum seeker…

jota180
    Free Member

The Yes camp will get their vote out a lot easier than the No camp, I suspect that the result will hinge on the turnout.
    If it’s a high turnout, No will probably prevail, the No camp just have to get them out for that to happen though.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Hence the attempt to startle them into turning out.

oldnpastit

@THM

Bloody Tory senior member still confident

😯

BoardinBob

Frankly I distrust any opinion poll, no matter its methodology

I spent 4 years as a senior analyst for one of the biggest market research companies in the UK and I can confirm that more often than not the results were made up, or at least a significant portion were. Tell the client you’d interview 5,000 people, only interview 3,000 to save money then make the other 2,000 up…

aracer
    Free Member

I would hope that the people of Scotland are too astute to fall for that cheap political play.

The evidence of them believing any old guff Alex tells them would suggest otherwise.

bencooper
    Free Member

Well that was impressive – the promise of lots of new powers lasted about 6 hours,tuns out there aren’t going got be any new powers after a No vote. I wonder if the a Electoral Commission had a word?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

That’s pretty mean.

Why not just let the English refugees cross the border to Scotland unshot?

They’d be welcome
    ehhhhhhh

bencooper
    Free Member

Nigel Farrage would be very welcome…

…as target practice 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 10,161 through 10,200 (of 12,715 total)

The topic ‘Osbourne says no to currency union.’ is closed to new replies.