Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 12,715 total)
  • Osbourne says no to currency union.
  • duckman

bencooper – Member
    Oh, good grief – stop conflating English-based institutions with the people of England.

Makes it easier for him to handle.

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, maybe when you stop conflating Scottish-based institutions with the people of Scotland!

Because what exactly is the relevance of where the No campaign is registered, given over 50% of the Scottish Electorate support it?

Does it make them less Scottish than the Yes supporters Ben?

gordimhor

Err Bens graphic clearly shows that the Better Together office is in Glasgow and wiki says that its registered hq is in Edinburgh both of which are in still in Scotland at the moment …unless Ninfan knows otherwise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

look what happened to Andy Murray when he dared just to suggest he didn’t support Engerland,Engerland at the football.

Whilst i agree with your point the exampl eis incorrect

He was having banter with Tim and the presenter who jokingly asked him who he was supporting – taking the piss because scotland were not at the world cup – and he jokingly relpied with anyone but england

He never said it but the reaction – considering preety much everyone in england calls an athlete english[ say wiggo] and someone not english [ say Cav or millar] british.

What exactly is the problem with the campaign to protect the union of Great Britain being registered where the elected Parliament of Great Britain is held?

That parliament and nation is not voting is the problem , how did you miss that ?
    Imagine it was in the UK leaving the EU do you really think having the pro group registered in Brussels would not be a bot of an own goal?
    Would it help?
    Would it make the EU look like it interfered less ?
    Would UKIP make some mileage out of it

Its not a huge deal but it is not hard to see that it is a bit of an own goal.

aracer
    Free Member

You as well as JY?

tightywighty
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Though of course you’re right – the No campaign is based south of the border:

Wings is based in Scotland is it?

piemonster

Imagine it was in the UK leaving the EU do you really think having the pro group registered in Brussels would not be a bot of an own goal?
    Would it help?
    Would it make the EU look like it interfered less ?
    Would UKIP make some mileage out of it
    Its not a huge deal but it is not hard to see that it is a bit of an own goal.

Just a personal viewpoint here. For me I’d see the EU in a better light if there was more input from the rEU into the UK arena as to the benefits of EU membership, both for the UK and the rEU.

They could call it ‘mieux ensemble’ or something.

Genuinely though, I wouldn’t have a problem with Brussels campaigning for the UK to remain in the EU.

epicyclo

piemonster – Member
    …Genuinely though, I wouldn’t have a problem with Brussels campaigning for the UK to remain in the EU.

And if they controlled all the media and fed you lies, half-truths, and gross misrepresentations, would that be no problem?

piemonster

And if they controlled all the media and fed you lies, half-truths, and gross misrepresentations, would that be no problem?

Different question. Different answer.

bencooper
    Free Member

Genuinely though, I wouldn’t have a problem with Brussels campaigning for the UK to remain in the EU.

Most Europeans I know are of the opinion that the UK should stop whining or **** off.

But maybe that’s just the people I know 😉

piemonster

😀

Most Europeans I know aren’t that bothered either way. Unless there British(insert preferred choice here) and have forgotten they’re European.

ninfan
    Free Member

Funny Ben, the Europeans I know have gone from ‘why does the British not want to join the Euro’ a few years ago to ‘my god, we should have listened to the British’

Junkyard
    Free Member

You as well as JY?

You flirting with straw men again 😉
    Really not sure what you are accusing me off tbh
    I dont think scotland is under the yoke of imperialism but it suffers as it population is so small compared to England hence they get a Tory [led] govt.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Brussels campaigning for the UK to remain in the EU

Do you think it would
    1) strengthen the no vote and bee seen as interference
    2) be welcomed as a positive thing

TBH i dont actually disagree they should publicise the good they do but it would not help win an EU vote IMHO

if they controlled all the media and fed you lies, half-truths, and gross misrepresentations, would that be no problem?

You are describing our current tabloid media and what they do re the EU currently so it is never ever goign to happen

Imagine doing an analysis of pro EU stories and anti EU stories. i would be surprised if it was less than 100-1 tbh

jambalaya
    Free Member

Most EuropeansBrits I know are of the opinion that the UKScots should stop whining or **** off.

@ben
    FTFY – we are going to get a referendum on that too as you have now

@ninfan – exactly

I couldn’t stay away 🙂 the lego press release was magic

bencooper
    Free Member

So we’re in agreement that Scotland should be independent? Excellent 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

It really is fascinating reading your anecdotal evidence about european views whilst criticizing AS reports for inaccuracies

Perhaps AS should just have said everyone i asked said we would be fine 😛

You are going to claim he did now arent you….I walked into that one DOH

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ben – if the SNP campaign was designed to make us all fed up with Scotland then it has succeeded. As I’ve always said it’s your choice I just can’t bear the thought of a no vote followed by years more of this same stuff.

piemonster

1) strengthen the no vote and bee seen as interference
    2) be welcomed as a positive thing
    TBH i dont actually disagree they should publicise the good they do but it would not help win an EU vote IMHO

I think it would depend more on the manner of any campaign than anything else.

If they managed to be honest and decent about it…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Most Europeans I know are of the opinion that the UK should stop whining or **** off.

That’s surprising considering how many EU citizens choose to live in the UK. And it’s not just EU citizens from “poor” countries, such as the half a million Poles, but also the over a quarter of a million Germans that live in the UK.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the SNP campaign was designed to make us all fed up with Scotland then it has succeeded.

How on earth can you speak for us all?
    And are you claiming there is unanimity on this thread?

konabunny
    Free Member

“@ben FTFY “

You didn’t do any fixing, you just repeated the joke Ben made in a different way.

bencooper
    Free Member

…and it wasn’t an especially funny joke even the first time around 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

PSA More or less Radio 4 @ 4 30 are looking at the economic claims

If you do not know they do analysis of stats claims in the media in a fairly unbiased way

About as definitive as we will ever get it.

Should be interesting – will post up a pod cast afterwards for those that care about this

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

PSA More or less Radio 4 @ 4 30 are looking at the economic claims

If you do not know they do analysis of stats claims in the media in a fairly unbiased way

Surely it won’t be “unbiased” …… aren’t the BBC supporting the No campaign ?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Surely it won’t be “unbiased” …… aren’t the BBC supporting the No campaign ?

BBC Scotland certainly seems to be, Radio 4 should be a better shout.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh I see, there are different editorial policies for BBC Radio 4 and BBC Scotland. That makes sense.

aracer
    Free Member

You flirting with straw men again
    Really not sure what you are accusing me off tbh
    [/quote]

You need to check the post of mine just before duckman’s one I quoted, which I assumed is the one where he’s accusing me of a “tedious insult” – though TBH as there’s only really one nickname I’ve been using on this thread I thought it might be obvious to you at least 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah yes sorry my bad as the kids say 😳

Duckman Lord Eck of BS was my joking name for AS as a pop at THM risible use of derogatory terms. He demoted him to a Sir but it is tongue in cheek usage only.

Apologies for not getting it.

bencooper
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

I give it two days before it turns out that they didn’t get permission from AP to use the Obama Hope poster.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

The nats are now supported by Lego and Sean Connery. I am sure this extra support will sway many undecided voters to the separatists cause. Meanwhile the president of the united states has provided his backing to the UK.

ninfan
    Free Member

Those Danish have got an interesting take on copyright law… Next thing they’ll be saying you can’t take a photo of a bacon buttie without their permission 😉

epicyclo

I thought the Lego characters ads were funny. Didn’t agree with the sentiment though. 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Oh I see, there are different editorial policies for BBC Radio 4 and BBC Scotland. That makes sense.

Not that hard to fathom. Different people in charge, different location, different audiences. Some of the output from bbc scotland is laughable when it comes to showing an agenda.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Different people in charge

So programe editors don’t follow BBC editorial policy, they just decide for themselves what is best. And all the ones in Scotland have coincidentally decided to support the No campaign. That makes perfect sense.

duckman

JY; it was a reference to aracers changing of a post to bring out the same hackneyed “your nothing without us” jibe the more imperalisticly minded use to try and convince us of the folly of going alone.

athgray
    Free Member

Taking views on BBC neutrality or not on independence referndum aside, I am yet to discover what is so wrong with the BBC that iS will require a new national broadcaster?

gordimhor

That makes perfect sense.

Perhaps you could explain it all to the rest of us Ernie. Please

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

whatnobeer explains it. And as he points out, it’s “Not that hard to fathom”. Are you having difficulties?

gordimhor

I can understand whatnobeer no problem,although he puts it slightly stronger than I would.

Some of the output from bbc scotland is laughable when it comes to showing an agenda.

Where I said

. Imo BBC Scotland s claim to be impartial is on a very shoogly peg.

Perhaps you could explain your own view Ernie

Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 12,715 total)

The topic ‘Osbourne says no to currency union.’ is closed to new replies.