Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • OS X Mavericks Question….
  • gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Right, since installing Mavericks my mini it’s been running pretty sweet. Trouble is i can’t seem to sign into iTunes or the App Store / Software Update thingy. I’ve googled this problem but with no joy so now had to resort to the STW massive….

Anyone here having the same issues or got a fix for me?

Cheers

Lee 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

No problem signing in here. Are you sure the password you are using is correct?

iforgot.apple.com might be of help

Rachel

jambalaya
    Free Member

Been running fine with me and no problem logging into app store / iTunes etc

Sorry to ask but have you forgotten your password / apple id ? What do you mean by not being able to log in ? FYI new iTunes update today btw

Have a search on Macrumors too or the Apple support forums

MacRumors – Mavericks Thread

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

No, definitely not the password. Managed to sign in to iTunes via iTunes/store/sign in rather than the iTunes main page, still can’t sign into the app store at all? When i do click the App Store icon in the dock it bounces once and that’s it. Most odd…..

Will have a look at that MacRumours Link though ta very much!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gustard – try clicking the Software Update option under the Apple icon – in Mavericks this takes you to the App Store application as per the dock icon.

Jamie
    Free Member

/longshotmode

Have you disabled cookies in Safari, via Safari > Preferences > Privacy?

If so, pop back in there and select:

Then quit Safari and iTunes/App Store. Then restart Safari and then try and run iTunes and login.

russianbob
    Free Member

It’s not opening on another desktop is it? Open Mission Control and see if it’s there.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Tried all of the above, to no avail….

It’s definitely a problem on this mac as my other one running snow leopard can access software update fine?

I’m a bit stuffed here aren’t I! (Other than a re-install)

allthegear
    Free Member

By any chance is the clock wrong? I’m not sure how the Software Update process authenticates but if it uses anything like Kerberos, it will need a reasonably accurate clock. Within five mins or so of the real time.

Rachel

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Yeah the clock’s spot on.

Just on any off chance would any third party apps or add on’s be conflicting maybe?

Jamie
    Free Member

Weird. I could have sworn it would have been the cookies thing.

/longshotmode pt2 deux

Have you verified, and then fixed if neede, permissions on the hard drive?

If not.

cmd+space to get spotlight up > search for disk utility > select your OSX partition on the left hand side > Select verify permissions and then repair if needed > reboot > pray.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Hmmmm… I’m a bit stuck here to be honest, first time in nearly 10 years as a mac user!

None of the above seems to have worked, no matter what way i try to access App Store it won’t have it. I’m not sure whether this also has anything to do with it but i can’t open Terminal either (as i tried to open App Store through here also).

Many thanks for your help everyone! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

When you say you cannot run Terminal etc. How so? Does it start, bounce, quit? Give an error? Is there anything reported in the console?

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

If i goto Applications/utilities/terminal and double click it looks as though it’s opening but don’t.

Console report is:

06/11/2013 19:26:51.658 Terminal[471]: Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting

06/11/2013 19:26:51.663 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[158]: (com.apple.Terminal.6016[471]) Exited with code: 1

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Not that clued up on all that Terminal Command stuff though to be honest!

sniff
    Free Member

Q – do you use cleanmymac? Looks similar……

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23491974#23491974

Resolved with a reinstall of Mav in recovery mode.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hate to say it, but it’s looks like something got kicked in the nuts during the Mavericks install. Re-install may be the lesser of 2 evils, the other being to send yourself round in circles trying to fix the issue with no guarantee you can.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Ah I do use cleanmymac!

Will check that out when I’m out the bath!

Crosses fingers….

Jamie
    Free Member

Will check that out when I’m out the bath!

You in the bath now then? 😀

grueller
    Free Member

On another note/hijack has anybody had any issues upgrading from snow leopard directly to maverick?
    I’m still running CS5 and don’t want to balls anything up which will affect client work

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Well after that nice relaxing bath it’s looking like Cleanmymac may have deleted certain files from my mac … Not certain yet as I’m having to install Mavericks again through Recovery mode.

Once again STW has got me out the sh1t! (Hopefully)

Will report once I get things up and running just incase anyone else happens to come across this problem…..

Cheers Peeps!

Lee 🙂

zilog6128

On another note/hijack has anybody had any issues upgrading from snow leopard directly to maverick?
    I’m still running CS5 and don’t want to balls anything up which will affect client work

nope, did that last week and it was fine. Got a warning that I wouldn’t be able to run PowerPC apps any more (think that’s what it said) but that doesn’t affect me. iMac is noticeably faster now!

grueller
    Free Member

I’ll leave it until after this rush job. Glad I didn’t buy Lion now.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Well i’m all back up and running perfectly. Looks like Cleanmymac was the culprit….

STW massive big up ya self!

Nice 1

Lee 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, you don’t really need apps like Cleanmymac. They offer minimal gains, yet can cause quite a bit of damage, as you’ve found out, if they wipe out a necessary system file.

sniff
    Free Member

Magic – good to hear you got it sorted. Sometimes they don’t “just work” 😉

zokes
    Free Member

My Mac and iPhone conspired to nearly brick my iPhone, and lose all my music off the phone in the process last night. It took 2 hours to sort out and I’ve just got a random 700ish songs out of over 8000 now. I’ll have to wait until I get home and plug in my external HD with my music on to see whether the other 7300 tracks work their way back on to the phone.

I’m beginning to think Apple have been bought by Micro$hite…

Jamie
    Free Member

Sometimes they don’t “just work”

Shhhh! They’ll hear you!

rewski
    Free Member

Bit troublesome for us motion graphics designers, after effects and quicktime 7 movs not working, our ddp network is unsupported, strictly for home use I think.

rewski
    Free Member

Bit troublesome for us motion graphics designers, after effects and quicktime 7 movs not working, our ddp network is unsupported, strictly for home use I think.

footflaps

It took two reboots to get the Download App to actually work, but other than that, pretty painless.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m going to wait a few months til I upgrade my hackintosh. Mountain Lion is nice and stable at the mo…

Jamie
    Free Member

My biggest grumble is quick look being bloody slow now. Less quick look, and more lethargic look…amirite folks! 😡

footflaps

Can’t say I noticed any speed difference (Mid 2010 MBP), so far…

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, I think some of it is to do with PathFinder needing an update. I wish Finder had the ability to switch to a dual pane view, then I would probably sack it off.

teasel
    Free Member

A few issues with Abelton 9 apparently. Beware…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘OS X Mavericks Question….’ is closed to new replies.