Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OS Maps on Android?
  • huggis
    Free Member

Losing patience with Windows Mobile; anyone experience of using OS Maps on Android? I have memory map which works really well with Windows Mobile but the OS is hopeless in all other regards. I don’t like the iPhone method for loading the maps from MemoryMap.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I have been using trekbuddy. You have to create the maps yourself. It is a little bit fiddle to get used to but you can create your own custom maps for offline use. If you add something called a CMS then you get all the how readings of speed altitude etc… can also record routes for following later. Someone else was usimg rmaps. I havnt tried it but it sounds alright. can also try alpinequest but very similar to trekbuddy

joemarshall
    Free Member

Viewranger does it. It is very good, and getting better all the time as they port over the features from the symbian version. Bad news is.that you have to buy the maps for viewranger, you can't just use memory map maps that you have already bought.

CountZero

There are two Memory Map apps for the iPhone. The MM Free app works well, as you don't have to worry about old licenses, you just get the app, which gives you large scale base maps of 1:250k and 1:1million, plus 400sq km free. Then you set up an account and you buy 700sq km for £12, for any area you want, in 1:50k or 1:25k. There's also another app, I think called GB map, which is £4.99, which gets you the base map, plus free downloads of the OS 1:10k maps now released, for as much as you can fit on your phone. Viewranger are now on Android, and you can install the entire GB OS maps from the DVD if you have a copy, or, I believe, buy the app and download the maps from Viewranger. Sadly MM don't appear to have an Android presence, tho' I could be wrong, and they have this restrictive license issue. I've got Viewranger from my old N95, and I'll be putting the whole lot on my new iPhone in a few weeks time. (My 3G's totally full up).

sonik
    Free Member

so huggis, are you selling your pda? im looking at getting one for using memory map!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OS Maps on Android?’ is closed to new replies.