Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Os Maps
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Anybody know if it is possible to download an Os Map and if so how to do it. I am on the hunt for some trails in my area and thought this the best way

VanMan
    Free Member

I don’t know about download, I guess you mean free, but Bing maps allows you to chose an OS layer.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I use OSmapfinder on my apple toys. It’s ideal. Locate yourself, download the local sheet for 70p, off you trot.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IA

For finding trails:

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

side-by-side google satellite and OS mapping.

mps711
    Free Member

If you have an android device, oruxmaps allows you to download OS maps and use them offline.

j5kol
    Free Member

some great suggestions, thanks folks, especially like the wheresthepath site. Does osmapfinder need a signal to work ?

Superficial
    Free Member

Also streetmap.co.uk

globalti
    Free Member

Why not just buy the map? It covers an area far bigger than you can cover in a day so it will give you many many rides, it doesn’t need batteries and it shows you all the attractions close to your chosen route, unlike viewing the map on a small screen, which is like reading down a rolled-up cardboard tube.

Not to mention that OS maps, being folded, make excellent on-the-bog studying material – many’s the time I have staggered out of the bathroom with my legs numb from sitting for half an hour or longer, absorbed in the study of new routes.

Superficial
    Free Member

Because everyone knows iPads are the loo reading tool of choice these days?

DickBarton

many’s the time I have staggered out of the bathroom with my legs numb from sitting for half an hour or longer, absorbed in the study of new routes.

Are you just too scared to admit you don’t eat enough fibre???

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Have a look at Outside Maps iOS app, which includes various OS layers and OSM.

johnnystorm

I love all my digital maps, especially OS getamap but spending a fiver with Dash4it on your local OS map on paper will be excellent VFM. I still need to see “the big picture” when route planning and nothing digital lets you see anything as well as a paper map unfolded on the front room floor!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Obviously you’ll need signal to down load but once it’s on your phone you’re away to the hills.

13thfloormonk

+1 for big picture, once I had enough paper maps my route planning went off the scale (was about to say ‘off the chart’ but that would be confusing 😀 )

bland

For stuff around home and something to hang on the wall, the os site does maps centred on your home location for £17

[/url]

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Viewranger. Download OS maps, plan routes on phone or website, use it to navigate the routes too

gusamc
    Free Member

as a luddite I buy the ye olde paper 1e:50000e maps and highlight bridleways/boat/rupp etc with a marker, I just find this the quickest way to see suitable routes/loops etc and helpful cheeky footpaths, of course I then MM it and load it to satmap

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Os Maps’ is closed to new replies.