Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • OS maps 12 month subscription. worth it?
  • ton

looking for some good mapping for my new 7” tablet.
    i saw this. is it worth a punt. i do like os maps

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/os-maps-subscription-12-months-recurring.html

malgrey
    Free Member

Absolutely. £20 odd quid for unlimited maps to either print or view via the App. I use it regularly. Whether the app is any good on the bike itself, I’m less sure of due to the limited view at any time, but print what you need beforehand and its good value.

srshaw
    Free Member

Great. I haven’t bought a map in ages. I just print what I need and laminate it.

The app is great for the ‘where am I’ moments,.

Pretty good for route planning a as well. Plot the route on the computer and download to Garmin.

epicyclo

Bargain if you like to ride in places the stravagers never venture.

snaps
    Free Member
    scotroutes

Yep. I’ve been on it since the beta version. Route planning and transfer is a bit limited. Good to have all the mapping available all of the time though.

ton

perfect. cheers all.

johnnystorm

OSMAND+ or Backcountry navigator, assuming you have Android or Ridewithgps if you have Android or Apple. OS Maps app blows goats.*

*Disclaimer, that was in the Summer. Is it now radically better?

Vortexracing

Cheers for the heads up Ton, just started my yearly subscription. 😀

takisawa2

If you only buy one app, but this one. Its fab.

Garry_Lager

Backcountry navigator seems flawless whenever I use it – OS maps for free. Not sure how they manage this on the level given the OS’ reputation for protecting its data. I’ve never used it in anger for real navigation, though, more on a casual basis – perhaps it has limitations.

mactheknife

I havn’t used OS Maps mobile version since purchasing Viewranger. From what i remember, and i may be wrong i couldn’t access mapping if i had no mobile signal. Has this changed? I still subscribe as its an amazing tool for planning routes and the new 3D view is ace. Also printing the sections you need is worth the money alone.

fooman

Backcountry license OS maps from Bing.

Andy_K

I really like it. You can down load offline areas too now.

paladin

mactheknife – Member
    I havn’t used OS Maps mobile version since purchasing Viewranger. From what i remember, and i may be wrong i couldn’t access mapping if i had no mobile signal. Has this changed?

you need to download blocks of map for your route while you have wifi/4g, then you have mapping when there is no signal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘OS maps 12 month subscription. worth it?’ is closed to new replies.