Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OS mapping edge 800 to 1000
  • guystabler
    Free Member

I am thinking of buying an edge 1000 but cannot find anywhere that confirms whether I can transfer the os mapping I have on my edge 800.

It is the standard all uk 1:50k mapping on a micro sd card so assume I can transfer but has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks.

scotroutes

I used the SD card OS mapping supplied with my Garmin Dakota in my Garmin Oregon without any problems.

mauja
    Free Member

Worked fine for me, just swapped the card over to the 1000 and the OS maps showed up without even having to select the map.

The bigger screen does make the OS maps easier to read but my only real issue with the 1000 is the battery life is much worse than the 800. Even with the wifi, Bluetooth and backlight off I’ve managed to run down the battery in 6 hours.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I copied my OS Maps onto the 1000 drive with no problems. Battery life is not as good as the 800 but I can squeeze 8 hours from mine.

guystabler
    Free Member

OK thanks….now have no excuse not to buy one 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I thought Garmin ‘tied’ the OS maps to a single device? I’ve got some not-entirely original Garmin maps which seem fine, but have people successfully transferred ‘real’ Garmin OS maps?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m using the stock mapping on a 1000 at the moment. When combined with my own OS maps, Google Earth and http://maps.the-hug.net/ it’s been more than excellent so far in terms of route planning and navigation.

The only thing I’m finding a little hard is trying to pinpoint which bridleways, RUPPs etc are suitable for a gravel bike and which are a muddy, rooty, gnarfest that needs bigger tyres. Only riding them seems to provide that!

scotroutes

My maps are the pukka Garmin OS ones. I think it might make a difference if you’ve been supplied in SD card (like mine) or downloaded them. I can see that the latter option might be keyed to the device ID somehow.

mashiehood
    Free Member

yep, I have transferred real OS maps onto my garmin – from an SD card a straight lift onto the 1000 built in mem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OS mapping edge 800 to 1000’ is closed to new replies.