Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Ortis Deley – possibly the worst live sports presenter ever
  • spacemonkey

L&G, I give you:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7Vfl6mNug&feature=player_embedded[/video]

With the accompanying article here.

Proper painful. And a certain Mr Johnson does not look chuffed.

grum
    Free Member

The other guy is pretty awful too IMO.

spacemonkey

The other guy?

sambob
    Free Member

Stick to the Gadget Show Mr Deley…

Crell
    Free Member

Oh dear. That’ll haunt him, along with those looks from Johnson

grum
    Free Member

Spacemonkey – Rick Edwards, the other presenter they’ve been using. Though I just watched the full clip and he seems like a genius in comparison to Ortis.

MartynS

ohhhhhh that could be a career ender…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

tbh he’s rubbish on the gadget show too, but at least that lets him fit in well with the other presenters there…

geordiemick00
    Free Member

we have a glorious day here in (can’t remember where he is in the world)…..the studio… LMFAO!!

This is proof of what happens when you send plasterer to re-wire a house, don’t work!

At least MJ has pedigree

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member
    tbh he’s rubbish on the gadget show too, but at least that lets him fit in well with the other presenters there…

Ouch….but almost totally true! I reserve a special place in my heart for La Perry! 🙂

John Bentley however…..AAAAAAARGH!

jimification
    Free Member

I like him! Let’s Keep him! – Reminds me of Partridge in full flow…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx0FM954mUA[/video]

No cats here of course, the groundsmen are quite strict about not letting cats onto this course…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

It appears his duties as a sports reporter have been “scaled back”

njee20
    Free Member

“No cats here of course, the groundsmen are quite strict about not letting cats onto this course…”

Can’t watch the clips at work, but LOL!

allthepies
    Free Member

Johnson, a regular on the BBC’s athletics broadcasts, looked uncomfortable alongside Deley and especially perplexed when his colleague asked if he had ever competed in the pole vault.

Quality.

madhouse

Channel 4’s coverage of the athletics isn’t a patch on the BBC, pretty much all their presenters are awful and know little or nothing of what they are talking about.

The other bloke that spends most of hit time being a numbskull on T4 really gets on my nerves too.

phil.w
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more with madhouse. Channel 4’s coverage has been terrible. I only hope it is from lack of sports coverage experience (both presenters & production staff) but I fear not.

deluded
    Free Member

Did he say the “fastest man on no legs”? – Holy Jebus. He could have worded that a bit better (referring to the bladerunner).

I feel a little sorry for him. He was clearly out of his depth having never presented live athletics before, as I understand. The producers or whoever put him in that position should take some of the blame. Perhaps their duties should also be ‘scaled back’.

Pierre
    Zedsdead
    Free Member

His teeth are way too white!

donsimon
    Free Member

Judging by the number of people I’ve seen make complete arses of themselves when giving presentations to 2 or 3 people, and the level of mirth at his demise, I can only assume that everyone here would be able to step into his shoes and do a perfect job in front of millions of viewers.
    🙄

MartynS

Judging by the number of people I’ve seen make complete arses of themselves when giving presentations to 2 or 3 people, and the level of mirth at his demise, I can only assume that everyone here would be able to step into his shoes and do a perfect job in front of millions of viewers.

no, I couldn’t do it…. but I haven’t set myself up as a TV presenter

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Ouch….but almost totally true! I reserve a special place in my heart for La Perry!

John Bentley however…..AAAAAAARGH!

flashy, i’m certain your admiration for suzy has nowt to do with her presenting skills (or lack of!), beyond visual of course.

but yes, bentley- unbelievably bad in front of the camera. he always looks so awkward.

and don simon- i don’t know. i could well be just as atrocious. or the consummate professional. i’ve never tried. but then, it’s not my chosen career, this telly presentationalling lark…

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t there a difference between presenting in a studio with rehearsals and presenting live? Clearly not the guy for the job, but equally not desrving of the piss taking from those who have no idea of the strain he’s under or are propably not that perfect themselves. I’m lucky in the fact that if I make a mistake only a few people will witness it and it won’t appear on youtube.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Isn’t there a difference between presenting in a studio with rehearsals and presenting live?

well yeah, but he’s crap at both.
    also, i doubt he cares what a bunch of armchair critics on a mountain bike forum think about him, so it’s all good!

MartynS

Isn’t there a difference between presenting in a studio with rehearsals and presenting live? Clearly not the guy for the job, but equally not desrving of the piss taking from those who have no idea of the strain he’s under

Live can actually be easier, its in the back of your head you can’t do it again if you stuff it up
    I don’t think there was autocue.. he may have refused it and he clearly hadn’t learnt his lines or his facts
    you are just a gob on a stick is these situations and at that, he has not been that great

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Ortis Deley – possibly the worst live sports presenter ever’ is closed to new replies.