Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Orkney camping.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Anyone got friends or family there with room for a tent for 6 weeks?

Not for me, a mate is going there on a Archaeological dig and one campsite has quoted him £87 per week…

sharki
    Free Member

I'll try again.
    Preferably in kirkwal or near the ness of brodgor.

Thanks

skidartist
    Free Member

Theres a municipal campsite at Stromness I can recommend, can't remember the price, but it didn't upset me at the time. Not too long a stay through. Its as close to Brodgar as Kirkwall is though.

Not too convienent, but very lovely is http://www.wheemsorganic.co.uk/ which has a bit of camping and a slightly zaney, ramshackle but cheap bunkhouse that you can also book for yourself as a self catering flat (sort of). I'd imagine Mike at Wheems would do a deal for a longer stay in the field, but its a bit of a trek to get to Brodgar from there.

Both very nice places to wake up in the morning

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks Skidartitst.

Anyone else?

Thanks

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

That is my parish, but alas – can't help with any relatives (and I am in the Lakes!) – they are all a bit old to be putting people up in their gardens.

Stromness is a good option campsite wise, Kirkwall equally (although it is nearer the bus stop if public transport is being used!). It's a long while since I have used either but both were pretty reasonable back then.

If they have transport there used to be a cheap site up at Evie IIRC… not sure if it is still there or not though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Orkney camping.’ is closed to new replies.