Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Original Eggbeater cleats. Where are they?
  • jonnouk
    Free Member

After getting p’d off with my feet popping out of my pedals at inopportune moments I have discovered my cleats are mullered.

A quick googleage suggests getting replacement cleats is a tall order. Is that true? I don’t want to get new pedals as these are still fine.

scotroutes

They are all over google. CRC was the first in my search

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

getting replacement cleats is a tall order

Nope, should be very easy. Standard spare part

carlos
    Free Member

Just in case you can’t be arsed to look for yourself – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/crank-brothers-premium-cleat/rp-prod13056

benji
    Free Member

As far as I know they have never altered the cleat design, the latest cleats still work in my oldest set of egg beaters.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, they didn’t change them.

jonnouk
    Free Member

Thanks for that guys. I did look except the ones I see look nothing like the ones I have. They have an extended tab on the sides (the part that is mullered) instead of a rounded edge near the bolts on the premium. Do these premiums work like the original cleats?

[edit] Found a pic of the ones I have

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Premiums are exactly the same in my experience, only difference is you have a choice of exactly where to place them (sideways) The side wings don’t actually engage with the mechanism, it is the pointy front and back, that wear away. At least, that’s where mine go anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Original Eggbeater cleats. Where are they?’ is closed to new replies.