Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Original C456
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

Does anyone happen to have or are able to find the original geometry spec sheet for the non evo C456? My Google fu is not up to scratch. I’m looking to purchase a production privee shan and want a rough comparison in order to size one up.

Thanks

chrisdavids

No help I’m afraid. I’ve looked a number of times and haven’t found it. Anyone?

superstu
    Free Member

Have you asked on one? Sure they will help.

chrisdavids

Thanks jsync

Is that the geometry for the carbon 456? The thread seems to suggest the steel one. I have both and they feel to have different geometry.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I replaced my steel 456 with the C456, the geometry was definitely different.

nickdavies

What size? I’m pretty sure I’ve got the 20″ geo somewhere, might have the whole lot saved but not sure.

chrisdavids

18 inch for me.

jsync

Is that the geometry for the carbon 456? The thread seems to suggest the steel one. I have both and they feel to have different geometry.

Sorry, that’s all I could find.

shindiggy
    Free Member

18inch here as well, the production shan seems to come in realy odd sizes, in order to get the length top tube I want, it looks like I’ll need an xl, however I’m only 6’1″

Mugboo

Doesn’t help with lengths but Brant told me to add a 2 degree Slackset to match the original Summer Season head angle.

deadkenny
    Free Member

http://web.archive.org/web/20111230161824/http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOC456P/on_one_carbon_456_frame#Geometry

This was the one I used to size mine at the time. Key was the length for reach and I compared the geometry against my existing Nomad. Ended up with the small C456 which was still longer than my medium Nomad.

bennn
    Free Member

Similarly, has anyone got the geo chart for the MK1 Blue Pig?

Can find some online but not specifically for the mk1.

Thanks in advance, Ben.

Northwind

I’m sure the C456 should be the same as the metal one of the same year.

Ben, this is the spec for the Ti but the geo is the same for the Pig- there’ll probably be some details like headtube etc that vary though

Frame Size Top Tube (effective) Head Angle Seat Angle Chainstay BB Drop BB Height with 2.5?s
    16in 23in 67.5deg 73deg 16.73in 0.8in 12.4in
    18in 23.5in 67.5deg 73.5deg 16.73in 0.8in 12.4in
    20in 24in 67.5eg 74deg 16.73in 0.8in 12.4in

Seat tube diameter :: 34.9mm outside (constant), 31.6mm inside (seatpost size).
    Headtube :: 1.125in standard external.
    Geometry is set for contemporary 140mm travel forks. It will happily take 130?s or 150?s.

plyphon
    Free Member

If sure if you email on-one they’d be able to find the “C456_Geo_Final_V2_finalFINAL.xlsx” spreadsheet it’s stored on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Original C456’ is closed to new replies.