Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ORIF Clavicle users – anyone?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

I’ve had my plate in for about 3 weeks. So far its been great and broke in nicely.

I went for the Ti model, think its also going to be the 29er model, haven’t asked the surgeon but I imagine because of my size that’s what I’ll have.

Has anyone else been able to have theirs on long term test? What was the healing time like?

boblo
    Free Member

Had mine since 2008. I was on the road bike within a week and on a long tour within a month. Took a couple of years for the nerves to knit and all feeling to return. Still can’t sleep on my front or stand anyone poking around that area. Doesn’t affect rucksack use or the like. I did have a DVT within a couple of days of the Op wich was quite serious and resulted in Warfarin for a year.

Glad I had it and would do it again.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Nice to know that yours was successful. As if you were back on the bike in a week! I think after breaking it I’m being rather cautious with it until it’s fixed

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

Well whilst we were on the long tour a few weeks later, Haga came off his Motogp bike, broke his collar bone, had it plated and won the next round a week later. Now that is impressive 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s a big lump of metal screwed yo the bone with some decent screws. It’s not going anywhere. Fill your boots.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ORIF Clavicle users – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.