• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oriental titanium
  • PJay
    Free Member

I appreciate that a lot of folk are currently looking to China for cheaper carbon products but I was wondering about titanium.

I’ve been trying to get hold of an affordable titanium flat bar to take the sting out of my rigid hardtail and was looking for something a little cheaper than the Thomson (currently about £180). There are a fair few sub-£100 offering from China, Taiwan etc. (usually via Ali Baba or Ebay) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of them.

I’ve had a look at the Rock Brothers website (China I think) and in addition to cycling components they make a bizarre range of items including titanium key rings and titanium tooth picks for ‘self defence’; it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

everyone
    Free Member

Why not look at carbon? That can be made far more comfortable than metal can (even something magic like Ti)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TBF I have bought a couple of Rock Brothers bells, I didn’t realise at the time that they were a complete rip off of a very expensive bell, all i can say is they look expensive & work as they should with a loverly ring but were cheap! That about summarises the Chinese export market, they are good at copying shit 😀

PJay
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m not sure I’d want to trust my face to one!

I’ve been thinking about carbon but am still a tad nervous about carbon bars (although I have carbon forks which seem bombproof) but I’d need something that would be compatible with bar ends (without plugs as I use Cane Creek Ergos).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oriental titanium’ is closed to new replies.