• This topic has 83 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Orgreave Truth and Justice campaign Need Your Help This Is For The Miners
  • Northwind

I can’t see any justification for saying “It was 30 years ago, too late”- that just means they managed to avoid a proper enquiry at the time, so if anything makes me think that the whole cesspit should be raked over- who did what, and who (at every level) conspired to hide it.

Mmm. On the one hand, I reckon it’s essential to watch the watchdogs. And I reckon it’s worth keeping the glare on, to remind people today that they can’t expect to get away with similiar. But, on the other hand, there’s more recent police and justice abuses that could do with investigating, probably that would make more sense.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well there was some interesting stuff from the LAPD about respect for the law. But that largely states the obvious ie, police need to respect the law in everything they do. No specific reference as to whether they have greater/lesser/same level of responsibility as the rest if us. I had got to Michigan Uni before the religious stuff came up!

Interested in any links if you find them (could be a good essay topic to throw out!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont share your responsibility to teach 😉

Will do

Some stuff on greater responsibility regarding PACE and restrictions on but not looked that hard- does place restrictions on the private life but I dont know what these are – not hang out with crims and such like them on private life and on business interests[ police regulations 2003] . the links dont lead to any precise though Schedule 1 – not found it which in itself is not illegal.
    Its adds some weight to my argument but it is short of compelling from what I can see.
    Not seen any proper philosophy though.

hora
    Free Member

Like Kenya there will always be British Solicitors ready to chase past injustices for the good of the ‘oppressed’.

Give over. Go after your fattened union leaders and the solicitors who fed on the compensation payouts of miners.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Orgreave Truth and Justice campaign Need Your Help This Is For The Miners’ is closed to new replies.