Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Orginal nitromors – anywhere left or do you have some?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Looking for some of the original nitromors which contains dichloromethane ?

I know it’s now band to supply new but still okay to sell old stock?

Want to strip my frame but need the ‘old’ stuff….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just get it professionally done . Much less hassle. Given it hasnt been availible for quite some time !

takisawa2

The Nitrimors I bought & used last year worked great on my old Ventana.
    What makes you think the new stuff won’t work ?

Rik
    Free Member

The new stuff is no good on ‘tough cookie’ orange bikes powder

jonba
    Free Member

Use nitromors professionally the new stuff is rubbish compared to the old stuff. Still for the average user it is probably a lot safer.

Our paint is a bit tougher than your average bike paint though.

Rik
    Free Member

Northern…..paint

trail_rat
    Free Member

You know powdercoat isnt paint right ?

jonba
    Free Member

Paint is just a different way of putting it on. Both end up as coatings.

Application method doesn’t dictate the properties, the chemistry does.

Rik
    Free Member

I know the old school stuff works and the new stuff is like water on powder.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I used to have a drum of methylene chloride, damn fine stuff for cleaning off grease, paint and anything else that got in its way. Good old days. Bit like modern dishwasher powder, just doesnt clean greasy parts like it used to.
    Doesnt help you but thought I’d share!

midlifecrashes

How much does it need for a frame, got a couple of mouthfuls left, not much more.

fieldy
    Free Member

Just taken some old skool Nitromors to my spesh enduro frame and it worked a treat! The frame and rear end is now all raw.

The new stuff will do the job it just takes more time as it its not as aggressive. I use to work in the paint industry and know that the new alternatives will work. PPG Architectural should be able to assist and if not, look out for a product called Enviromose….failing that find some backstreet DIY store that still has stock of the Nitromors products.

Ambrose

Rik- where are you? I’ve got a litre or so of Manger’s paint stripper spare. It lists dichloromethane and methanol as ingredients. I’m not posting it though. I’m in Garnant, Ammanford, Carmarthenshire if you want to collect it. Bring a suitable container with you.

compositepro
    Free Member

How much money do you want to spend
    a product called remove all works on powder coat and 2 pack epoxies
    its a soak tank product but paint will fall off like skin on a pudding
    be nice to the environment also it wont kill much as its water based

Rik
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Ambrose – unfortunately I’m based in Sheffield.

Might be time to do some experimenting with the new products and scour the old DIY shops….

ransos
    Free Member

I used Rustin’s paint stripper to remove the powder coat on my old Thorn – it worked fine.

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you tried a hot air gun. I used one to remove some decals and the paint just started peeling off in great chunks. Wasn’t that warm either.

johnellison
    Free Member

No bead blasters in your area?

spacehopper

i used a tub of b+q value cheapy stripper to do the rear end of my heckler which has been resprayed with some AWFUL plastikote type stuff..

I had taken it to a sodablaster who did the front end that had been previously stripped and painted, but he said it would take him ages and thus cost me loads to remove the plastikote..

it was the new stuff without dichloromethane..

I had to leave it for 12 hours+ with a couple of recoats but it worked just as well as the older stuff eventually.. and was a lot nicer to use as it doesnt attack your skin as aggresively like the old stuff did!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Orginal nitromors – anywhere left or do you have some?’ is closed to new replies.