Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • organising a sponsored cycling event
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

Hi all I am after some advise from the STW massive. I am wanting to organise a sponsored bike ride over a weekend taking in the red routes from the 7 stanes. The idea is to travel by van in between the centres as I don't want to put anyone off with a full on all out ride the concept is to have fun and raise as much money as possible for the charities that supported us while our daughter was having cancer treatment. So the questions are do we ride glentrool as I have heard that it would take the best part of a day to ride and is mostly fireroad trails?
    Where is the best accomodation cheap is best as we want to raise as much money as possible.
    What about insurance?
    and if there are any tips you would care to divulge I will be grateful as I want to get as many people to take part as possible as these charities were invaluable.
    Thanks

tails
    Free Member

For something like is i would just open a "just giving" account post it up on here and other forums ask friends family etc.

Where is the best accomodation cheap is best as we want to raise as much money as possible.

i would assume this would come out your pocket not the sponsored money.

What about insurance?

i doubt you'd need it for what you are doing, but best to check with seasoned fund raisers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘organising a sponsored cycling event’ is closed to new replies.