Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Organised events
  • brack
    Free Member

Is it just me but has anyone else noticed that if you haven’t signed up for ‘tough mudder’, the three peaks, coast to coast, such and such marathon blah blah blah…then you don’t really stand a chance in conversation with todays newly converted outdoorists !?

I love the outdoors and just generally get out there, I have experienced the bemused looks on the faces of people at work when explaining what I got up to at the weekend…but now

Its almost a role reversal as people at work screw their faces up if you haven’t done such and such event etc

Has the gym crowd just moved outside ?

jonba
    Free Member

Common shared experience.

I’ve had some long hard days out on my own but with no witness you’d have to take my word for it and it would had no mythical status and press coverage.

Plenty of people would agree that the 2011 K100 and the 2012 CX 3 peaks were pretty tough events though and you can read multiple accounts of how bad it was, the low finish rates and the daft weather conditions.

I don’t ride to impress people so it doesn’t bother me if they aren’t. I think it is cool that events inspire more people to get out and do stuff. Plenty have inspired me to try something new and push myself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Organised events’ is closed to new replies.