Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Organic Pads in the summer – sintered in the winter right??
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

on my formulas im running the stock organic in the front, since probably about may or so, i think my rear organic (stock)went a bit weird, started warbling etc so i ditched it and stuck in a SS sintered thinking it would last longer, problem is even though the front organic stock one is 4 months older, it still seems better at braking than the SS sintered on the rear! is this because over the last months its been hot and relatively dry? should i just save sintered for winter?

oohhhh and as the sintered seem to heat up quickly in the heat i get a screeaaming noise when really hot! but my organic doesnt do it?

montylikesbeer

I use kevlar all year round, seams to work well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sintered all year round for me – as pads last me thousands of miles I am not changing them before they need it

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve used sintered all year around for years. The braking has been fine and pads have lasted well. I recently tried kevlar from SSC and I appreciate the extra bite and they seem to last around a year which is reasonable I think.

atlaz
    Free Member

Kevlar all year round.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so kevlar get the bite of the organic and the longevity of the sintered?

d45yth
    Free Member

I too have Formula brakes and have found the organic’s ok in the dry but terrible in the wet. So much so I had to cut one ride short because I thought I would do myself in!
    I use sintered all the time (always have done but brakes came with organic) and found them to be way better. When you say about the squealing, mine squeal in the wet but soon stop as they warm up!?!
    It sounds to me like the rear pad could be contaminated, are you putting too much oil on your chain? My new bike is light coloured on the inside of the chain stays and I can’t believe how much oil spatter there can be on them. So much so I’ve changed to thicker oil and wipe most of it off. They might explain why it’s only the rear you’re having problems with?
    Hope you get it sorted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Organic Pads in the summer – sintered in the winter right??’ is closed to new replies.