Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oregon Scientific – cracking service
  • Pook

Just wanted to praise oregon scientific.

I have a ATC 2K which i broke the mounting bracket on, and asked if replacements were available.

On Friday, two staff from OS got in touch with me to ask me what part I needed and they'd put it in the post by closing.

It's arrived today.

Thanks Mike and Hana at Oregon.

😀

Northwind

Be better if they honoured the warranty for people suffering the "wobbly image" fault which all of their cameras can suffer from really. Or made the bracket strong enough in the first place. It's good that they've done their bit here but they're still selling s**t.

dmiller
    Free Member

Be better if they honoured the warranty for people suffering the "wobbly image" fault which all of their cameras can suffer from really. Or made the bracket strong enough in the first place. It's good that they've done their bit here but they're still selling s**t.

Thats a bit harsh – a product made to a price might be more accurate. You can get the 2k's for what, £50, now? They are pretty good for that cash to be honest.

My main gripe is the viewing angle – would have loved it to be a bit wider tbh.

Northwind

The same rolling shutter defect happens to their newer, more expensive cameras though- they've added bells and whistles but never address the basic problem. Not everyone gets it mind, but if you're unlucky and you do then it's not worth 50p never mind £50. They had the cheek to tell me it was caused by "interference from the engine or vibration from the road" when I sent them a video showing the problem- the bike was parked with the engine off at the time 😐 After that, no response to any further contact.

So, nah, I don't think it's too harsh. Not when there's kit like the Helmet Hero around now, sure they're more expensive but they're actually up to the task. Or the wee Muvi thing is just as bad, but cheaper and has better battery life. I hate to see what should be a good product done badly…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oregon Scientific – cracking service’ is closed to new replies.