Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • ordering from Jenson USA, do you get hit with import tax?
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’m thinking of ordering a rockshox reverb seatpost, its cheapest at Jenson USA, works out about £208 delivered. Has anyone here ordered from this company? If so did you get stung for a tax bill at the doorstep?

boblo
    Free Member

As with all US purchases…sometimes. It’s a lottery.

lucien

I did on a recent GoPro purchase – about 32% overall, and they ship slow US Postal to save ££££’s

chakaping
    Free Member

my orders usually come very quick, never escaped the tax bill

trout
    Free Member

Also think about what happens if/when it goes wrong shipping it back will eat into any savings you may make .

theendisnigh
    Free Member

cheers fellas, its probably not enough of a saving all things considered. bikechase.co.uk has it for £230, seems a far less hassle option.
    Thanks for your help.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes, usually get a tax bill in the post after a week or so with Jenson, also with Cambria Bike Co too.

duntstick
    Free Member

Try Hibike.de, £182

hibike.de

tomaso
    Free Member

Got some forks a few years back from Jenson and got hit with VAT and Import Tax

martinh
    Free Member

Two different forks and hit both times. Price still good and they weren’t available in the UK anyway

duntstick
    Free Member

ooh sorry, meant to say, with about £8 postage 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Another thread where the “search” Function hasn’t been used! This gets asked AT LEAST 3 times a week..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Do the search results back this rash statement up Munque-chick?

theendisnigh
    Free Member

let him have his winge bigyinn its probably the highlight of his day 😉 to be fair it was pretty clear what the question was without opening the thread, but I guess i could have searched, I hope I won’t lose sleep over this.

Thanks duntstick, that looks like a good deal, hovering over the order button right now!

happysv
    Free Member

Action sports de worked out at £208 and no import duty because it’s in Europe.

alexxx
    Free Member

is the vat still charged at 20%?

happysv
    Free Member

From Europe no 🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

its £189.97 delivered from highbike.de, I haven’t pressed the button yet, don’t know why……

duntstick
    Free Member

Used them before ‘zey ver very efficient’ 🙂

Andy

Jenson can be a bit hard nosed on warranty and also v. likely to get stung for duties IMO

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got my reverb from Rose.de very quick

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I ordered one from hibike.de earlier today.
    Paid using Paypal and it came in at £192. Now I wait. I have read that they aren’t uber quick, so I won’t hold my breath. On the bright side, if they do take a while it will give me an excuse to shout ‘SCHNELL! SCHNELL!’ down the phone.

I thank you all for your input, very helpful. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ordering from Jenson USA, do you get hit with import tax?’ is closed to new replies.