• This topic has 44 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ji.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Bungled orders
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Ordered a hard drive bay adapter to allow me to fit a second drive in my laptop instead of a CD ROM. The suppliers sent me SEVEN of them 🙄

Anyone got any better stories of bungled orders?

scaredypants

blimey – talk about somebody’s reputation preceding them ! 😀

Received 2 tyres instead of one once. I reckon they knew what they were doing though, one was massively out of shape.

aracer
    Free Member

Was the service zippy?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, took two weeks!

Oh wait, I see what you did there.

toppers3933
    Free Member

A long while ago I got some very creative reasons why my order hadn’t arrived from Dave Hinde! Does that count.

scaredypants

from Dave Hinde! Does that count.

Yeh, you definitely bungled that order

stevied
    Free Member

In the days when the PlayStation 1st came out my sister took out a phone contract with a PS1 as a free gift. She got 4..tried to get them returned but no joy so sold them on for a tidy profit.

Northwind

I ordered a camelbak from Evans and they sent me a tyre (a wire bead maxxis hookworm, in a massive flat box). So I sent it back to be exchanged for the camelbak and they duly sent me the same tyre back again. Cheers!

Ordered a 4×12 trace elliot speaker cab from a guitar shop in london. They sent me the wrong one. So I called and arranged a replacement. They sent me another one, which turned out to be a different, wrong one. But didn’t uplift the previous one. So when I phoned up to complain and they finally sent me the right one, it was kind of a bummer that they sent 2, which my mum signed for, and still didn’t uplift the first 2. For about a month the flat was completely full of monolithic cardboard boxes, I didn’t even have room to unpackage and set up the one I wanted to keep.

About 5 years later I was in London and popped into the shop and discovered they still had one of those returned cabs, sat up the back, buried in other kit. I mentioned it to the manager and he almost died laughing, he’d had to sort it out and arrange all the returns and because they were clearance stock they couldn’t return them to Trace, so they ended up stuck with a shop full of unsellable halfstacks. Cool but weird to meet the feller so long after and share both sides of the story

maccruiskeen

My dad was doing an Ocado order – chose 2 packets of four fishcakes – noticed that that they were a promotional pack with 100% extra free but didn’t want 16 fishcakes, so deleted the ‘2’ and typed ‘1’. Except seemingly he didn’t delete the ‘2’ so later the Ocado van turned up with a delivery that included 168 fishcakes.

I’ve done business with Planet X a few times – thats a lottery – a PX UJ frame that was a different size than ordered – and therefore exactly the same size of the frame I was trying to replace (and in the warehouse’s defence also a different size to the label on the box), also ordered a Merkxx CX frame from them and instead received a handlebar and a saddle.

Ordered a quantity of steel plate last year, cut to size (20 sheets cut in half to make 40 pieces). Somewhere along the line, between payment and dispatch, that got confused as 40 sheets cut in half – so I ended up with £4000 more steel than I’d paid for. They didn’t want it back – a; because it was cut and b; because it would be 600 mile round trip for them to collect it.

I’m not going to run out of steel anytime soon. But unlike the fishcakes I’m also not going to end up feeding most of it to the dog.

maccruiskeen

For about a month the flat was completely full of monolithic cardboard boxes

Not a bungled order as such but my girlfriend took in a delivery while I was out then sent me a text saying ‘what have you done?’ and a picture of my living room looking like a cardboard stone henge.

Panicked as I’d ordered some ‘space saving stacking crates’ from an industrial supplier in germany. I was sure I’d ordered 10 but looking at the picture of 4 wardrobe sized boxes started to wonder if I’d actually bought 10 packs or 10 or something.

Got home and opened them – the ‘space saving crates’ had been stacked with their lids closed, instead of nested – there wasn’t quite enough room for 4 crates in a box so I had 3 partially full 6ft boxes and a 4th one was the same size that only had one crate in. They’d travelled all the way from Germany like that and I’d only been charged £12 for shipping. Ruthless German efficiency.

andytherocketeer

my flatmate, when we lived in holland (probably about the 1st week there), ordering 2 beers.
    he tried to order in dutch, but i think they misinterpreted “vaasje” (a glass) as “pitcher” (err, a pitcher, about 6 glasses worth).

except we then learned about 2 for 1 happy hour.

ask for 2 beers, get 4 pitchers of beer.

jeez heineken is bad (but better than grolsch).

Leku
    Free Member

On One managed to delivery my Inbred frame to a sex shop the other side of Bristol. I politely refused to go pick it up myself..

Image been seen leaving a sex shop with a box that big!

leegee

Parents had 2 kitchens delivered years ago, were messed around really badly by the supplier so sold the second one.

jam-bo

i attempted to order three poached eggs on toast once (the standard serving was two eggs + two rounds of toast.)

I got 6 poached eggs and 6 rounds of toast.

project
    Free Member

Worked at a hospital, and the stores got moved to a centralised store 35 miles away and nice forms with tick boxes got produced to oreder everything from biros to cleaning stuff.

one of the women ordered 200 bin bags enough for a few months use, unfortunately she ordered 250 boxes of 500, delivery had a whole lorry to itself, porters ten had to carry 200 boxes up 3 flights of stairs.

Next day we arrived and saw what had happened , we couldnt send them back as thew system said no, and they got deducted of our budget, and they where all stamped nhs property so we couldnt sell them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I may have inadvertently ordered 120 pumps….120 trackpumps no less, from Madison.We used to sell about 1 a month.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think it was Madison where I ordered a box of 200 cable end caps, and they sent me 200 boxes of 200 end caps.

Another time I ordered a pair of SPD pedals, they sent me a carton of 24 pairs of pedals.

Stoner
    Free Member

Naked Wines set my case order to the wrong depot, so it was going to be delayed. A nice chap at NW, phoned to apologise and said he had placed an order for a second case, that should be with me by lunchtime saturday because “no one should spend the weekend without their wine”.

Both cases arrived on the Friday morning. Only one of which I had paid for.

I couldn’t in conscience take the two cases for the (exceptionally reasonable, and already discounted price) of one. So I phoned on Monday to see if I could pay for the second case. Lovely girl on the phone had to go and check on protocol, and on her return said “we really couldn’t charge you more than half price, would that be all right”

😀

I like Naked Wines.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it was Madison where I ordered a box of 200 cable end caps, and they sent me 200 boxes of 200 end caps

I’ll have some. Probably less than 50% of the cables on my bikes have them…

grum
    Free Member

Replaced a Giro Hex on the crash replacement scheme – think that was Madison too. First one they sent was the right colour but wrong size, so I sent that back and they sent another one, but this time it was a small girl’s helmet in bright pink with pretty patterns on it. To be fair they sent freebies with that one to apologise, and with the right one I eventually got. 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

I sent most of them back, sorry – this was at least a decade ago! If you want a handful, though, happy to spare them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks.. but I should probably buy some through the normal channels out of decency 🙂

hypnotoad
    Free Member

On One managed to delivery my Inbred frame to a sex shop the other side of Bristol. I politely refused to go pick it up myself..

Image been seen leaving a sex shop with a box that big!
    Shame you didn’t order from them a few years back when they still made the Gimp 😀

Northwind

What’s this? Oh just my 16 inch Fatty.

Xylene
    Free Member

“Get on your knees and blow, George” ordered Bungle,

Zippy moved seductively towards George, got down on his knees and blew away – whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (making wind noises)

beaker

I ordered three tins of mackerel in tomato sauce from Ocado. They delivered three boxes with ten tins in each of them. I often wonder if they do things like that to keep you ordering?

funkynick

Bought some bits off CRC once then got an email through saying that 1 of the items was out of stock and would be sent later, which was no problem.

When the package arrived I opened it to find everything I had ordered in it. I thought they must have found the out of stock item on the back of a shelf or something and so thought nothing of it.

About 3 days later I received another parcel from them… which I opened and was surprised to discover that I had been sent the whole order again. So I then phoned up CRC who were adamant that they had only sent out my order once, despite me telling them I now had two of everything… but their computer said no.

I kept the bits for a while after, to see if they worked it out, but didn’t then hear anything from them about it… so gave the bits away in the end.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve had the same from CRC. Two almost compete groupsets, delivered 10 days apart. Second box should have only had a cassette in it. After a month of emails, they stopped answering. I think my flat out refusal to pay for return, insured postage and get a credit for it was the last straw (about 60 quid from where i read living at the time IIRC).

Have had similar from Amazon too. Ordered and paid for a handful of bits and pieces, ended up getting almost the same parcel 3 or 4 times, one or two items missing each time. The just let me keep it, as it was cheaper for them to just write it off than have it sent back and restock.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah have had a few interesting bonus shipments from CRC sometimes they’ve said ‘keep them’ sometimes it’s the classic ‘dispose of them appropriately’

Yeah right

pictonroad

Ordered two safety glass splashbacks, one for the cooker and one behind the sink. Sink one had 6 holes pre-drilled, cooker 4.

Very surprised bloke at the glass place as we stared at the pile of 6 and 4 splashbacks.

They said I might as well take them as they had no use for them. They’re still behind the shed, no idea why I took them.

bombjack
    Free Member

Was at the Ski and Snowboard show a few years back and purchased myself a new set-up as I was due to head out for a season the following week. Took the bindings home with me and the shop arranged to send the board on. 3 days later a board and bindings arrived at the front door, right board, different binders.
    Sold the new pair whilst out in Morzine, still got the originals.
    Karma was the board snapped after a month 🙁

rusty90
    Free Member

A friend ordered a pair of brake pads from CRC and received one. Not one pair, just one single pad.

keefmac

ordered a t-shirt from Canyon, a week later a pair of oakley shades arrive. Canyon apologised, said keep the shades and sent me the t-shirt the following week. the wife claimed the shades

unknown
    Free Member

Many years ago I ordered a cuatom built wheelset from a well known wizardy online retailer. Specced deore hubs but they arrived with pro2s. To my great shame I said said nothing and kept them, although I’ve made a point of using said retailer wherever possible ever since so they’ll have made their money back by now. Fantastic wheels by the way, nearly 10 years old and I’ve never even had to true them.

bungle

I’d just like to state for the record that this topic is nothing to do with me.

E&OE

globalti
    Free Member

When I was about 10 my Mum sent me down to the village baker’s with a note for four bread rolls. Somehow they misread her handwriting and I struggled the mile home on my Raleigh with four dozen bread rolls in a string bag. To add insult to injury she made me take 44 of them back!

perchypanther
    Free Member

One of the Site Managers I used to work with ordered some directional signage to direct people to the location of the disabled toilet. Basically a six inch square sign with the wheelchair symbol and an arrow.

It was only when I almost tripped over the 3 metre metal poles which were delivered with the sign that I realised that he had ordered the sign to be 1500mm x1500mm instead of 150mm x 150mm.

The wheelchair was life size 😳

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ordered a 64gb C10 SD card, got sent a box of 64gb SD cards (5 i think, worth about £50 each at the time).

I was away with work at the time and when I got home the website wouldn’t let me return them as they were apparently outside the ‘incorrect delivery’ return date. Presumably a date they’d put upto protect themselves.

konabunny
    Free Member

lol @ perchy

wwaswas

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Bungled orders’ is closed to new replies.