Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Orbea Rallon vs Cannondale Jekyll 27.5
  • MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

People experiences with these bikes ? In the market for a new steed.

Or recommend another bike/brand.

Stiggy

How about a Saracen Ariel?

Rorschach
    Free Member

The ally Jekyls are carved from a solid lump of granite.Also they come with Magura’s 🙁
    I’ve had a good thrash on the rallon (blingy Bos one). You’re not going to win any cx races on it but it’s hands down the best descending bike I’ve ridden. Doug from Basque mtb has done a review and he’s not wrong!!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member
    agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Rode then both at the Outerbike festival in Moab in September. The Rallon climbed really well (not the reason for buying one I know) and seemed amazing value for the price. Unfortunately the compression on the fork (non stock) broke before I got a real chance to test it on a rocky descent. I’d happily buy one though.

The Jekyll I demo’d was the top of the range model, so probably nearly 3x the price of the Rallon. It was extremely plush descending, and also climbed well enough. I didnt like the reduced travel setting, felt too harsh (but maybe that was just the demo set up). I think I would leave it in 160mm travel.

If I was offered both I’d take the Jekyll, if I had to buy one I’d go for the Orbea. I’d also be happier maintaining the fork and shock on the Orbea, if that was a consideration.

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

That’s great guy’s thanks for all the feedback and the link, very helpful.

Had demo for 4 days it was fast as f$ck down and not to bad up for a 160 mm bike
    Took it to my Local DH play area and it was quicker than my Summun and as stable as well
    I also tried a W 150 which was good .

I have a rallon on its way !

cultsdave
    Free Member

I have a Rallon and I love it. No experience of the Jekyll so can’t compare.
    But I will say that the Rallon Descends like a Demon and pedals back up the hill very well for what it is. Certainly no slower than my Prophet was going by strava times.

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

Seems like a no brainer, Rallon it is !

doug_basqueMTB.com

The Rallon has blown me away this year. Up is capable and efficient, for techy climbs it’s amazing especially in the LOW (not LOWER) setting to give a bit more clearance. Downhill…. It’s something else. I’ve been riding one pretty much every day this year. I’m happy to give honest answers to any questions you might have that I haven’t covered in the review above.

darrenspink
    Free Member

The Rallon has blown me away this year. Up is capable and efficient, for techy climbs it’s amazing especially in the LOW (not LOWER) setting to give a bit more clearance. Downhill…. It’s something else. I’ve been riding one pretty much every day this year. I’m happy to give honest answers to any questions you might have that I haven’t covered in the review above.

Can it get you free beer?

doug_basqueMTB.com

It can certainly get you to the bar first Darren.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Had my Rallon for 4 months now and I like it, still get the odd new bike itch though.

jairaj

I demoed a Jekyll about year and a half ago I don’t think its changed too much since then?

I was impressed by it and found the lower travel setting useful for climbs and in long travel mode it was a very good descender.

But it was very stable in its handling and for stuff like trail centres I found I was over biked. The whole thing was too stable and easy going it almost seemed boring on your average trail centre type terrain. On the more technical sections I got to ride, it felt a lot better as the stability actually came in useful.

For my personal needs at the time it was too much of a bike but I did have fun on it. If you really are going to ride technical or really rough terrain I say give it go otherwise, I think there are more nimble bikes out there that might offer a better balance.

kimbers

both ace bikes have mates that ride and race on them and neither are slow

only thing ill say is that the jekyls bearings dont seem to have fared well and need special tool to replace, mech hangers are pricey too

chakaping
    Free Member

still get the odd new bike itch though.

And you say I’m bad!

I’ll be up in the Lakes later this month, will drop you a line.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Rallon vs Cannondale Jekyll 27.5’ is closed to new replies.