Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Orbea Rallon replacement bearings
  • julians
    Free Member

Fellow rallon owners – I’ve just stripped down my rallon to inspect the bearings after a year of use, and as expected found a couple seized, and a fair few notchy, so ordered a new bearing kit direct from orbea .

I thought I’d list the sizes here so you can source from your own bearing supplier in the future.

The kit from orbea contains:-

6 x 6800
    3 x 6802
    3 x 6803

thought it may be useful info.

and yes, single pivot owners, that is 12 bearings.

This pertains to the 2014 onward rallon BTW.

orena45

Added to favourites, thanks.
    Having come from an Orange Five, I’m dreading bearing change day!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Cheers. Just ordered my Rallon today.

bruneep

Thread revival.

Bearings ordered

Juilians was it a faff or easy enough to do bearings

Cheers

B

orena45

Thread revival…Part Deux.

Mine need doing now. How have you found the bearing kit from Orbea Julians? How’d you get on with it Bruneep?

bruneep

I got my bearings from http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/

tech doc for bearings is here

was easy enough, took my time only issue was the one of the double bearings (20) wasn’t seated right in when building up frame, had to dismantle and press in further. Whatch out for the small spacers on some of the bearings, the under fridge monster was willing them to fall to the ground.

The difference with new bearings was noticeable.

julians
    Free Member

Sorry chaps only just seen these comments.

The kit from orbea is pretty good,and cheaper than I could get from a generic bearing supplier for Decent quality bearings.

It was no hassle to change them either.

orena45

Cheers folks. Doesn’t sound too bad so will crack on with it once I get the bearings sourced 🙂

toomba
    Free Member

how long are you guys getting out of a set of bearings? Thinking about a Rallon X10 for my next bike.

bruneep

2yrs for me.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Bearings last well, we get a full year and they´re perfect. The only one that needs changing it that one down at the bottom of the swingers, near the BB. We change that once in the middle of the season and it helps keep the whole back end tight. My LBS charges €14 for that, including the bearings!

julians
    Free Member

About a year for a set for me.

I guess it depends how often you ride and in what sort of weather. So for me that’s about 600 miles all year round mainly in the Peak District.

It’s a cracking bike, even better with a -2 degree headset in it. Had mine for about 2 years now,and aside from a geometron or a new alpine 6 I can’t think of anything I would consider changing it for.

bruneep

How does it ride with that headset in?

julians
    Free Member

How does it ride with that headset in?

It rides very well,super confident downhill. When I first swapped to the -2 headset, I left the bars at the same height/same position etc, and the front end felt a bit vague on flatter trails,like there wasn’t enough weight on the front wheel.so I removed a 5mm headset spacer and rotated the bars a little to move the grips forward slightly ,just so as to put a bit more weight over the front, and that totally fixed the vague feeling. I think when you adjust head angle,you will also need to adjust the position of the bars in some way, in order to keep everything balanced.

orena45

Had mine for 18 months. Just stripped it down…5 bearings seized, a couple gritty and the rest smooth still. Going to replace them all though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Rallon replacement bearings’ is closed to new replies.