Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orbea Delivery Times, Long!
  • Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I ordered an Orbea Alma Team G hardtail over 8 weeks ago and have not yet received it. I was told when ordering delivery would be about 4 weeks as that paticular bike is built to order as not many are bought due to it's quite high cost. An acceptable explanation I thought. The revised delivery date was 2 weeks ago at the hight of the volcano disruption and as the bikes are flown from Spain it was delayed again as no flights. Another 2 weeks have passed and no bike or even a confirmed delivery date.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering Orbea bikes or know if there are any delays with current orders? I have not named the shop I've ordered from as I don't know if they are at fault yet so unfair to name but suffice to say they aren't very forthcoming with information!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ordered my igorre CX (Cyclescheme) on the 14th Dec, not expecting to see it till the new year, it arrived on the 31st. I wonder how much it depends on the dealer.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I think another phone call to the supplying bike shop is needed in the morning! Does anyone know who the UK importer is? I've searched google and can't seem to find anyone.

Sancho
    Free Member

Orbea are the importer and Id check the shop, we get the odd Orbea and the lead times are usually very good

paulandfrodo
    Free Member

Mr_Mojo,

I know where you are coming from… I've ordered an Orbea that was going to be 3-4 weeks. I think it was ordered on the 16th April. I have been told it should be out of manufacturing 20th May and hopefully with me the end of May when I return from the holiday.

However, I am not too sure if I believe this is going to happen as it was enough to try and get some form of date from the shop.

We shall wait and see…. You can PM me if you wish.

Paul.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I've had developments on my bike delivery. The bike has been assembled and dispatched from Spain, due into the UK shop this week. I was told the delay was caused by a shortage or Sram XX components. Anyway with a bit of luck I should finally have it in the next few days.

Paul – I hope you receive yours soon!

paulandfrodo
    Free Member

I will let you know when it turns up … I'm on Holiday at the moment, let's see if it turns up next week – ready for the bank holiday weekend…

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Not Orbea but Giant. My wife ordered a 2010 CRS Alliance…7 months [/i] it took to get to the shop!

paulandfrodo
    Free Member

Mine turned up last week. Very nice, very shiny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Delivery Times, Long!’ is closed to new replies.