Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orbea
  • RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

Just had the offer to get an Orbea mountain bike at a mate’s rate price, but until today I didn’t even know Orbea did mountain bikes, what’s the STW opinion on them?

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Had a go on Julien Absalon bike a few years ago and it felt loverly but was put off when I asked if they did a cheap crash replacement for the carbon bikes they replied by saying “no, you crash thats your fault”

Fair enough I thought but spent my money elsewhere.

jam-bo

“no, you crash thats your fault”

but it is.

you dont see ford doing a crash replacement scheme for cars….

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I understood and didn’t have a problem with what they said but spent my money at Trek who offer a loyalty program.

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

Thanks for the opinions, but what are they like comparable with other brands i.e Specialized and Trek etc. and (not that I’m bothered) but the coolness factor! Pretty sure I’m going to go for it but just curious.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at Orbea carbon hardtails for some years now (Absalon’s one)… love the look of them, but they do seem a little bit full-on XCrace focused, similar to a Scott Scale, which was great when full-on xc race that was all the sort of thing I wanted (even though I don’t race anymore)… but now, having been gently massaged by the trailbike marketing BS here, there and everywhere, I’m more keen to spend my money on bikes which will flatteringly float you over the trail rather than switch and spit you about in a harsh racey manner.

The orbea fs design just looks like several shades of wrong gone wrong though. If that’s what you’re considering… (you haven’t mentioned which Orbea bike!)

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

It was a Rallon 10 which I think looks ok in a sort of La Pierre kind of way?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orbea’ is closed to new replies.