Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange Sub Zero, Opinions please
  • Mugboo

My mate is considering one of these as a do it all bike, what do they weigh? Has anyone had a proper xc ride on one? He loves his drops and stuff and is a pretty strong fella.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Very nice frames designed for a long travel fork, but not really an XC frame. It will climb well, and go downhill very very well, and the frame weighs about 5lbs. depending on how you build it up it can be a descent weight all round bike or a heavy but fun bike

It is good for all day rides if you are happy to climb slowly and descend fast.

There is one for sale here (click on the smiley)
    😉

Mugboo

Cheers Andy but he’s after a complete bike

Si
    Free Member

Great if you are able to handle the punishment they give out…

Mugboo

What size would you buy and how tall are you?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Cheers Andy but he’s after a complete bike “

may be able to help with that too 😉 A lad I ride with has just got an alpine 160 so is looking to get rid of his subzero and patriot FR as complete bikes (the SZ frame I linked to belongs to anothere lad I ride with who’s got a FS frame now).

Got an email address I can send some details too? mail me on a_paice[AT]hotmail.com

subzero 3" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

subzero 1" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I had one for a couple of years, ran it with a 140mm pike. Went uphill nearly as well as my 456 and downhill better. Not that heavy, but definetely SOLID, all day rides were a bit of a drag. Was the old type though, with square stays, new ones might be more forgiving. £500+ for a frame is a bit steep imo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange Sub Zero, Opinions please’ is closed to new replies.