Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Orange ST4 Pics and view
  • matt_outandabout

they already do a maxle back end for the 5, why not this? in fact why aren’t more people doing big axle back ends?

I agree – I think it would make it a fantastic bike. I guess it is a bike that is still partly in the ‘race’ camp – and every gram counts….

MrSmith
    Free Member

seeing as the commencal super-4 comes with thomson post and a headset for £998
    do you think the orange is worth the extra £300?

thepodge
    Free Member

I agree – I think it would make it a fantastic bike. I guess it is a bike that is still partly in the ‘race’ camp – and every gram counts…

I’d just make it an optional extra

GW
    Free Member

shinsplints – you weren’t that far off, it looks like a shorter travel lighter/flexier, more expensive Giant VT copy to me 😛
    Druidh – the Meta’s main pivot is higher and quite a bit further forward (surprising since orange have kinda marketed the high forward pivot to death) 😉 the VT was also around a couple of years before the meta.

GW
    Free Member

A maxle, for an XC frame? is that what things are coming to these days? what makes you think all the rear end flex comes from the wheel axle?
    those thin chainstays and that loooong rockr link don’t exactly look stiff 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks great!

“Is this Orange trying to emulate/compete with the Trance ????”

From the ride characteristics you describe – yes quite possibly.

thepodge
    Free Member

A maxle, for an XC frame? is that what things are coming to these days? what makes you think all the rear end flex comes from the wheel axle?

well its not going to hinder the frame flex really is it?

I think I’ll wait till MK2 then see if i can find the cash

matt_outandabout

Someone just emailed me to say that Orange have the STW ST4/Commencal test up:
    http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/reviews/pdf/ST4_Test_Singletrack_48.pdf
    Seems bang on with what I think…

simonm
    Free Member

did you create all that errosion in the background with that bike ? 😉

matt_outandabout

moi? my things may be big, but burnouts on a bike…. :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Orange ST4 Pics and view’ is closed to new replies.