Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange spv c500
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

I have gone though the internet, to try and find a manual for the fone. Anyone know where I can get one

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I failed.

BigJohn

Why you need manual. I got SPV phone right here. Ask me question.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

ok. i only got the phone today. anyway to delete all texts in inbox, what memory card does it take upto and how to save phone numbers from a text

thanks

BigJohn

I have a Companion CD for the SPV C500 which has got the manual, as well as Outlook and ActiveSync which lets you sync all your calendar, contacts etc with your PC. I use it all the time very useful.

I've now had about 4 SPVs and I love them. My wife uses the 500 and she's not here right now, so will answer questions as best I can.

Email your address and I'll post the disc to you.

Texts

On home screen, scroll down to SMS and press "action button" or whataver it's called. Then Menu, Folders, Scroll down to Inbox and press Menu. Select 3, Clear SMS. Then wait a bit because it's slow. You can delete them 1 by 1 as well.

Then to empty deleted items, go to Menu, Folders, Deleted Items (press button), Menu then Empty Folder.

You'll soon get the hang of it.

Memory Card.

I've got a 1gb in mine, but a 2gb or more would be fine. The 600 takes a micro SD, can't remember what the 500 takes. Windows Media Player is really good on it. I hold all my music in iTunes on the PC but it works with it fine. I think it works best if you make sure the Album Artist is filled in the same as Artist but not too sure.

Have you got the earpiece? There is a special 3-way non standard jack (which means you can answer the phone with a button. Quality not too bad. I've got a spare set I can post you with the CD.

Saving Numbers

In the text the number should be highlighted. Press it and it will show up on a screen with Call & Menu highlighted at the bottom. One of the menu options is Save To Contacts.

Other Tips

I always put the phone number of who I'm going to see in the Calendar Notes in Outlook on the PC. Syncs automatically with the phone if plugged in. Then if I'm late i can just go into appointments (on front screen) click the appointment and the number is highlighted ready to call. Just 3 clicks and you're talking to him.

Outlook Contacts – Use categories for all your contacts, try to keep the number of categories down to about 8 so when you want to call them up (and there are loads of ways of getting to a contact, dead easy, just start typing the name) if you're stuck you can go Contacts, Menu, Filter and there they all are.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

thanks bigjohn, ygm

BigJohn

Why so I have! What do you want, CD, Earpiece?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Could I have both, please

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got a C550 here and that takes a Mini SD card not Micro SD, I think the C500 was the same.

If you need a manual try searching for HTC Typhoon (the manufacturers codename for the C500).

BigJohn

CD and Earphones in the post. 1st Class.

If you want better earphones I've seen extension leads on eBay that allow you to use standard ones.

If you would like to make a donation, (no obligation) the charities that I give to are Surfers Against Sewage, RNLI, Oxfam.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange spv c500’ is closed to new replies.