Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Orange RX9 vs Genesis Vapour
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

My brother is after one of the above mentioned bikes but needs advice before taking the plunge.

I’ve heard the component spec on the RX9 isn’t considered great for the money, not sure about the Vapour.

Can anyone recommend which is best out of the two or if there are any other CX bikes which are worth considering. I’m guessing his budget is going to be around the £1000 mark…

Cheers, Ben.

T666DOM

I’ve had an rx9 since the summer, used for commuting, I love it. Disc brakes were a massive improvement on the V brakes on my old Crux, it’ll be nice not wearing through exorbitant rims in this winters slop! Component spec didn’t bother me as I had a set off spare hope 29er wheels and always intended swapping the finishing kit for Hope. I wasn’t a fan of the alu fork so I changed that for a Chinese carbon one.

Can’t comment on the Genesis, never ridden one.

saxabar
    Free Member

I have an RX9 too. Nowt changed on it, although when I get around to I’ll swap the bars for slightly wider ones. Ace bike used for commuting, pooling with missus, razzing through woods, non-rocky mountain rides (Carneddi) and just going out for a non-faff ride when I fancy it.

Never ridden another CX bike I’m afraid, so take my thoughts with a smidgen of salt.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I have the Genesis Vapour Disc. Have commuted on it for 8 months, toured on it, raced on it and ragged it round the woods/hills of northumberland. It’s been great, would happily buy again. Also, in spite of what all the blurb seems to say, my Vapour Disc has BB7s not BB5s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Orange RX9 vs Genesis Vapour’ is closed to new replies.