Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange RX9, any opinions?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Been toying with the idea of a CX type bike to ride to work and potter round on, I just wondered if anyone has tried one yet or has any sizing input?

godzilla
    Free Member

Bump, must be rubbish.

benji
    Free Member

It’s abit over priced for the specification, not seen any at the summer league races yet, but looks more aimed at tearing up the bridleways than the race tracks.

rOcKeTdOg

have a look at cotic x too

jonk

I fancied one but the price and spec put me off especially the wheels, its pretty heavy too!

godzilla
    Free Member

Im not one for paying list price and i won’t be racing, any other bikes round a grand that i should look at?
    Cotic comes in a few hundred quid more when you add discs and i cant get as good a deal.

jonk

If you buy it from cyclestore you get 10% in parts back and leisure lakes were doing them for £999 last time i was in there.

saxabar
    Free Member

I’ve picked one up today. I’ve only been out for an hour but I’m smitten. I can’t compare with other CX bikes but it fits the bill for me – a road bike that I can do off-road stuff on. The fork feels slack but that’s comparing to a road bike. It feels super comfortable, compliant and that you just want to get out of saddle and pedal hard (new bike flush I’m sure). It feels very natural and that the stuff the guy was doing in the Orange promo video doesn’t seem just aspirational.

I’m sure better parts, designs and whatnot can be found for the price, but I think it’s ace 😀

godzilla
    Free Member

I may try and get a blast on one, how tall are you and what size did you get Saxabar?

saxabar
    Free Member

5.10 and a bit, and I went for the 56cm. I reckon it would be good for between 5.8 up to 6ft if the stem was shorter or slightly lengthened.

godzilla
    Free Member

I’m a few mm under 6ft.

saxabar
    Free Member

It seems like a decent length of long top tube to me but I wouldn’t advise buying blind. It feels dead on perfect for me so it’d be worth having a pedal on one first, or at least a bike of the same geometry. I’m in North Wales if that’s of any use to you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange RX9, any opinions?’ is closed to new replies.