Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange RX 9 anyone got one…?
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Just curious that’s all,
    Who’s got one, what do you use it for and do you like it ?
    Oh and pictures please….

swhoward

I have one, I use it for commuting to work and a mix of roadie/off road rides. I never saw myself buying a ‘road bike’ but the RX9 is great with it’s slack geometry and suits me really well. I’ll try and dig out a pic.

swhoward

Here she is…

jonny-m
    Free Member

How does it handle being off road…?
    Say compared to a hardtail…

swhoward

It’s surprisingly confident off road, well it surprised me anyway. It’s never going to be as capable as a HT mountain bike off road, but in my experience it’s still more than cable of handling rooty singletrack, mud and even the odd (relatively smooth) downhill run.

saxabar
    Free Member

Yep, I have one too, although I ride mine with flats. No photos. Really enjoy mine for commuting and pootling with missus, but also for runs in the local woods. On the HT comparison it’s difficult to say. Obv’ no suspension fork but the geo is quite slack. My HT is an “enduroed” Brodie Holeshot so v. different bikes. The promo video is a fair representation of the riding it is capable of doing. Not sure I’d fancy doing anything rocky and too steep on it though. Mine also doubles as a donor bike for visitors wanting to go road riding. Brother in law doesn’t complain too much, although clearly not an out and out road bike.

boxelder

Full review in latest print mag.

jonny-m
    Free Member

If I was to think about getting one without a test ride what size would I need.
    5ft 8in usually ride a 17 / 18″ mtb?

kilo

They seem quite expensive for the spec

scotroutes

kilo

scotroutes – Member

kilo » They seem quite expensive for the specIt’s an Orange 😀

I was being diplomatic, I can see why brands may get loyalty and charge a premium as a result for say a full sus where you have different designs, linkages, ride type, etc and functionality but for a bog standard cros bike?

saxabar
    Free Member

@jonny – I’m 5.10 and ride a 56. Very comfortable and definitely would not want to go bigger.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange RX 9 anyone got one…?’ is closed to new replies.