Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • orange pure 7 review anyone??
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi thanks for reading this I’m looking at an orange pure 7 frame but can’t find any reviews has anyone any experience of one? Cheers

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, I believe you’re looking at mine on ebay!

🙂

Aside from myself, binners has one and is quite fond of it.

stennah
    Free Member

Ha yes I think you are right how come there is hardly anything about the frame on the Web?

hopkinsgm

Was it really radically different from the P7?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The only difference I can find is that the front triangle is a different grade of steel and it also lacks the P7’s throat gusset. I can’t recall whether the P7 came with ISCG mounts or not, my Pure 7 certainly doesn’t. The P7 was warrantied for a 150mm fork, the Pure 7 for 140mm max…but the sweet spot for travel was around the 130mm mark. I ran mine with U-Turn Pikes.

Mine spent most of its life as a commuting bike, so when not navigating the streets of London, it was kept in my office. A bit of a waste really.

binners

Heres mine in its natural habitat:

and when I’d just built it back up after the powder coat

Mine and PJM’s are the only 2 in this colour as he sent his up to be powder coated at the same place as mine was done. So thats what it looks like in the flesh. The powder coat job is lovely.

They’re basically a P7 made of Tange cromo tubing instead of 853, and without the sliding dropouts. I bloody love mine! I’ve had it a few years, and I ended up selling my full suss as I never used ir, as I just use this every time. Its got 130mm forks and is just the perfect do everything bike. Mines built up pretty light

stennah
    Free Member

Thanks binners I have the choice of your friends or a 2003 p7 with a new white powder coat for £100 in your honesty opinion which should I go for? Cheers pal

binners

I’d go for the Pure 7. No question! They’re a lovely bike to ride. I’d imagine the 2003 P7won’t take anything like the same kind of fork. The Pure 7 is great with a 130 -140mm up front.

And I know that that was has had a quality powder coat job on it too

How much do you want for it PJM? Surely you two can come to an arrangement and save the buggering about on fleabay 😉

stennah
    Free Member

I’m with you binners your friends has my mobile number and can get my email address from my profile you might just have sold it to me, cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘orange pure 7 review anyone??’ is closed to new replies.