• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Si.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • orange patriot as only bike?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

cant get along with my life without another patriot 😮 i havent had a bike since as good as it. the only problem is it will be my only bike that i would own as i cant afford to buy 2 ill have to sell my on-one to fund it. i like doing all the xc stuff but i like going fast on the dh/fr stuff and the on-one dosnt feel right going fast on rough dh/fr tracks 😥 i would be looking at the version with the coil shock just whats my limitations with the patriot and what size would i need for a 6'1" person?

show us yours aswell to get into the swing of things….

tom

taka
    Free Member

oh ffs!!! why cand my brother log out!

vinnyeh

there are two of you? 😯

taka
    Free Member

yes.. me and my brother 😆

Si
    Free Member

Yep they are indeed awesome. Best version IMO were the 05-06 ones as you could alter geometry and shocks etc to have a bike very much adaptable to terrain.

I have two setups 160mm F&R via a Fox36 and Swinger 4way

and then 140mm F&R via a Pike and ISX evolver.

Tbh best setup I find is actually 160mm front, 140mm rear.

taka
    Free Member

does it perform like a 5 on xc stuff?

podman
    Free Member

I've got a 2004 Patriot with a 150mm fork, I love it but I do find myself craving for something lighter on the climbs and my commute!

I built mine burly rather than light, so choice of components should be an important consideration if it's to be an only bike. I'm thinking of making the swap to a more modern five, and building it up a bit lighter, but that's because I don't really make full use of the Patriot anyway.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

same height and i went for the 18"

podman
    Free Member

forgot to post my pic:

Si
    Free Member

Much more like an Alpine5 Taka – fairly slack and long

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘orange patriot as only bike?’ is closed to new replies.