Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Orange or Vodafone
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Losts has been said recently about their levels of customer service. I’m thinking of moving from V2O.

Any one gone one way or the other recently and was it the right choice?

jon1973
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Vodafone over the last 5 years or so.

Drac

I’m with Vodafone the wife is Orange, not had trouble with either but network I find is better for Vodafone. Except in my house I rarely get a signal now since some new buildings popped up down the road.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

orange, never had a problem with them, customer service is excellent.
    coverage a bit ropey on remote scottish islands (north ronaldsay, only on highest point of the island, but that’s probably true of any service)

stumpy01

Absconded from Voda earlier this year. I initially had LOADS of problems with incorrect billing. Literally every month for 18 months.

Then, all was well until they let someone access my account, change my contract, change my address, upgrade to a Blackberry and have the Blackberry sent to the changed address. I queried some messages from Voda that didn’t make sense for the contract I thought I was on and was told that my account hadn’t changed and it was a computer error. Eventually they started a fraud investigation & until this was cleared up I had to pay the new contract value (£20 more than my previous one). They then by way of apology refused to put my contract back to my old tariff and the ‘upgrade’ options were the same ones available online. There was no apology and no attempt to keep my business until they actually received my notice of contract. Then they started throwing phones & cheap deals at me.

So, I bu66ered off to T-Mobile.

I was with Orange before Voda and thought they were better for customer service.

Sorry for the length of this post, but you might have gathered I don’t have much time for Vodafone and like to let people know my experience with them…
    Oh, one last thing. they added extra ‘security’ questions to my account, but while trying to sort the above mess out not one of their customer service people asked me these extra security questions once.

jp-t853

I used to carry two phone like a drug dealer. T-Mobile work phone (useless) and Orange (great). My wife had Vodafone (great)

I decided to just use the work one so had to drop one. So tried to get best deal on either Vodafone or Orange for my wife. Could not get to speak to a person at Vodafone for love or money so dropped them.

Orange customer service is top notch however it may now change as they are merged with T-Mobile. They are going to share networks later this year. I guess that may be bad if you are now on orange, good if you are on T-mobile??? Don’t know.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Recently moved from O2 to Orange and found reception is worse on Orange than it was on O2 and not just out in the sticks !

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bugga. No consistent theme really. Guess I just push them both for the best deal then.

TN
    Free Member

I’ve been with V for 15(?) years, have never felt any need to move – customer service has always been absolutely fine, always been able to negotiate a decent renewal and coverage is as good as any other n/w in my experience.
    Husband is with Orange and has had a similar experience until recently when he had a problem with a newish phone – this time the cust service was pretty shoddy and we actually managed to diagnose the (hardware) problem when they were unable to.
    I wouldn’t expect the network provider to be an expert in all hardware but we’re definitely not and resolved it ourselves and I’ve never had a similar problem with Vodafone.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’ve been with Orange for nearly 15 years. (How did that happen?)
    One big plus for me is that there’s no coverage at home. I give out my mobile number for work and the custards can’t spoil my free time 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Apparently yes T-mobile along with Orange should be ok as the signal cuts between the 2 so I’m informed.

Is it true you have to give a month in advanced letter to confirm you want to cancel your contract???

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, Vodafone came up with a good offer in the end. HTC desire free, 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 500 Mb vmi all for £19.99 a month over 24 months. Best deal I could find anyway. Just need to see if the 3g works at home now. If not, I’ll ask them for a sure signal, if they say no, they can have them both back and we’ll try someone else.

Thanks to you all for your comments.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They are all shite basically.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Been with 02(originally BT Cellnet!) for personal and Voda for work, both for 10+ years. No real problem with 02 coverage, but Voda is excellent, Can’t get 3g at my caravan with 02, yet Voda is fast as you like on my works 3g laptop, Blackberry, and the dongle in my net book, all of which are Voda. I spend a lot of time driving around Northumberland, and rarely get an issue, and the last time I had any real problems was up in Otterburn on Friday, however, I had no real reception on either phone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Can’t disagree with that.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Just bought an Orange phone, and already more issues in 2 hours with Orange than 8 on Virgin! Reminds me why I binned Orange to start with.

Bought a phone yesterday with a £10 top up. Regisered my swipe card onl line, rang to confirm my tarrif selection (dolphin, for the miserly free internet).

Even got a text fromthem thanking me for “topping up”. But can’t connect to anything as, er, I have no top up credit. You can’t even call customer service to complain as that s 25p, and, er with no credit, you cant complain about the credit you should have….

so I rang them, where some indian guy tried to tell me I must have subscribed to a text message service or somthing (I tried to say I’d not evenrung anyone, or texted anything with the new number, and certainly not gone through £10 of credit in, er an hour, not ringing anyone.

So he says he’ll look into it and call me back in 10 mins. That was about 7:00 yesterday, and still waiting for the call…

Thieving incompetent liars. Orange San francisco phone is fantastic, shame I can’t call anyone or connect to anything.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Orange or Vodafone’ is closed to new replies.