Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange HTC Desire – Update available
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just had a message on my desire saying update available, which I assume is android. Should I upgrade or will it c@ck stuff up and put more Orange rubbish on the phone ?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It’s Android 2.2 and well worth downloading. But it takes a little while so make sure you have wifi access and a spare half an hour!

retro83
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member

Just had a message on my desire saying update available, which I assume is android. Should I upgrade or will it c@ck stuff up and put more Orange rubbish on the phone ?

Please post a follow up and let us know if it adds any extra Orange crap. Ta

2.2 itself is a worthwhile upgrade.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I updated my desire last week, I’m on 3. I didn’t get a message just checked for updates. The wireless hot spot function is great, works great with my ipad. Only thing that got screwed was connect to the network – there’s a setting which says ‘connect with’ or something, this had unticked ‘3’.

rootes1

Hi Gary_M

where did you get the 3 update from?

can you do it direct on the phone or do you do it via a pc?

Si

Gary_M
    Free Member

I just did ‘check for updates’ on the phone. Downloaded on a wireless connection though not via the network.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am hoping this makes mine even more AWESOME

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It will now rocket in the stratosphere of AWESOMENESS.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Doesn’t appear to be more Orange stuff on but still can’t get rid of all stuff they loaded initially.

Big thing I have noticed is how low this website is now with all the crappy adverts that thankfully before did not load. Hope that doesn’t mean it will now kill my 3g usage! STW take note and make a mobile friendly web page without so many adverts… unless some one knows how to switch them off on android but only for this site?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Funkydunc try opera.

My phone is refusing to download through wifi

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange HTC Desire – Update available’ is closed to new replies.