Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Orange have managed to make another awful looking bike
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

their rear hubs cost £120!

i know it’s brilliant isn’t it. they make such a great product and sell it at a great price.

bigjim

I think Hope hubs are ace, and I’m trying to call Alan about a project at the moment.

Can you get them to add some decent form of sealing to their next hubs please?

cozz
    Free Member

dunno I think id rather have the orange with 105 for the price than a £4000 bike with 105 !!

molgrips
    Free Member

Hang on – since when do people price a bike purely on the kit hanging off it? Can’t frames be better or worse then others?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Flow, except the butcher/nickel has a linkage that SC effectively value at 400 quid (heckler +1 linkage = butcher +1 linkage = Nomad).
    Why does changing a bit of spec like seat tube diameter increase the price, there is enough profit margin to cover tooling costs. SC dropped the price of the heckler in order to fit the single link bikes in the range and used lack of development as an excuse to lower the price and to market it as an introductory model. Price has little to do with production cost.
    Orange sell all the bikes they can build so regardless of manufacturing cost they are pricing stuff well, or even under given how quick the carbo sold out.
    I’m not a fanboi or hater for either, I used to have a Nomad and now have an Alpine.

flow
    Free Member

Why does changing a bit of spec like seat tube diameter increase the price

Errrr, because it makes it current.

james
    Free Member

“their rear hubs cost £120!”
    RRP is around £145

“A Superstar one is about £120”
    More like £60 for the the like-for-like (ish*) hub. Its the 120point one thats £120, though from what I’ve read it can start to become a very free hub ..

*Alirght, not UK made, nor priced for the middleman/LBS route to market

I think Hope hubs are ace, and I’m trying to call Alan about a project at the moment
    “Can you get them to add some decent form of sealing to their next hubs please?”
    Could you ask him if they could double the pickup speed to that of the SS/trials hub? I think I could probably live with the noise then to the point I think I would bring myself to buy one. 48point pickup with an easily serviced freehub would be awesome

“Santa Cruz sell the Heckler for £999 (or £899). The Five is £4-500 more”
    “a Five (£1395 with RP23)”
    I was going to say comparing the £899 Float R heckler with the £1400 RP23 Five isn’t exactly fair, but it seems you no longer get an RP23 for £1400, its now £1500 for an RP23. £1400 gets you an ‘evolution’? RL
    The 2012 Heckler would seem to have an RL for £1100 now
    Having said that Santa Cruz I’m guessing are a much bigger company and I’m guessing manufacture in Asia?

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Orange have managed to make another awful looking bike’ is closed to new replies.