Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange Gyro Fork Choice
  • Vinte
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying an Orange Gyro frame and building it up for XC use. Most of the riding I do is in the Lake District. I have a burly bike for steep stuff, uplifts and the Alps. Is there any reason not pair the Gyro up with a Rockshox Sid? Has anyone else used this combination? Thanks

z1ppy

120mm version I’d hope? Can’t see anything wrong with that, reports suggest there a bit flexy, but no more so than Fox 32’s. Though you could get lighter 29er frame to match the light forks.
    That said, I really quite fancy one, though would maybe want some Rev’s myself.

jonk

The SID RCT3 is like a mini pike would be a good fork for the Gyro in 120mm travel.

Vinte
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking Revs. I’ve got them on my Soul knocked down to 130mm. I really like them like that. A Reba also looks promising, quite cheap at Merlin at the moment.

Bregante

I had some 100 mm Reba’s which I was dead impressed with on my Solaris. I’ve recently bought a gyro and I’m running manitou tower experts (a bargain at the time at £180 at CRC).

I’ve only had half a dozen or so rides on them so far but apart from the alighgtly finicky 15mm qr hex axle that comes on manitou’s these days I’m pleased with them.

variflex
    Free Member

For the sake of a small amount of upgrade cash I would go for a pike and get Loco to reduce the travel to 120mm. That way it future proofs itself residual wise and means you can always upscale back to 140mm on future frame if required.

Reason being that the Gyro is not an XC frame. Alot more burley than the competition and is really good on fast singletrack. If you want proper XC go for a carbon HT.

Just MHO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange Gyro Fork Choice’ is closed to new replies.