Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange five XL frame
  • bigpole
    Free Member

I know that this subject has been discussed before, but a little birdy tells me that Orange are possibly launching an xl frame in Aug, has any one else heard about this?

billysugger
    Free Member

You need more than 20 inches! How tall are you?

Rik
    Free Member

You may well be right……..could be 2 new sizes actually.

mrh86

They are releasing a 22″ five in the next few weeks. They have some frames down at the factory already apparently. Went on a demo day last weekend and was speaking to the orange guys. Think i’ll be getting one come the new year as the 20″ was a tiny bit small I think.

IA

20″ isn’t *that* big…*

*that’s what she said etc. etc.

catvet
    Free Member

And a 17 ” with same geometry and TT length as 18″ basically to help dropper seatpost fitting

bigpole
    Free Member

20″ is small for me at 6’6″ everything has to be in proportion !!!

mrh86

Yea, i’m 6ft5 and found the 20″ a bit small (though I am used to riding a 20″ 456). Got a few test rides of some other bikes coming up over the next month. Five isn’t my dream/ideal bike at the moment, but it might have to be if the other bikes I test aren’t big enough. What do you ride at the moment bigpole?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Oh god, the (6ft 6) husband’s spotted this thread, he’s been moaning about the lack of extra large Orange 5s for yeeeeaaarrs!

I sense the Meta 5.5 might be being retired in the next year or two…

Toasty

FS: Meta 5.5
    WTB: 22″ Orange Five

Just practicing. Wooh!

Definitely keen on this idea, at 6’6″ the Orange was just a bit too small, so was the Meta really to be honest.

bigpole
    Free Member

mrh86 – I too am on a 456 20″ its a big frame!!
    Its funny how british bike companies tend not to do xl frames – orange – white – pace etc.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not really,they produce small number of frames.Tooling up for yet another frame size is expensive (each frame size has to have a welding jig,patterns for the downtube and a very subsatantial steel jig to hold it whilst being heat treated) and one that will sell very very small numbers is doubly so.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Always found my 20inch 5 far too short.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange five XL frame’ is closed to new replies.