Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange Five vs. Yeti 575
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Anyone tried both?

santac
    Free Member

No but just ridden the long travel Pronghorn and it is the best full suss I've ridden very good bump absorbtion you only know you have hit them because you saw it first.Very stable at speed.
    I ride a Heckler and have owned a 575 and prefer the Heckler but the Pronghorn is soooo smoooth

easygirl

orange 5 for me, i had a 575, and rode a mates 5
    the yeti had too much flex in the rear triangle for me, and blew through the travel too quickly.
    fantastic looking bike, but i found it didnt ride too well
    the orange on the other had, not too appealing aestetically, but no flex in the rear and simple suspension design

davidrussell
    Free Member

+1 for the pronghorn. Very light and very capable and superb spec for the money. The only bad thing is it leaves you with no excuse for getting off and pushing on the climbs….

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What's a Pronghorn?

hora
    Free Member

Orange Five all the way. I found it made me a fantastic lover, insatiable. Sadly my gf has begged me to let it go to someone else and give her a break 😉

santac
    Free Member

clicky http://www.pronghornracing.dk/
    ugly but good

santac
    Free Member

I'm in High Wycombe Bucks I can get demo's sorted as it's a mate that deals with them. If you not close I can contact him about sorting out a demo

whytetrash

Both great to ride (shortish demos though) but problem with the 5 is it's just so commonplace…I know it's cos it's great for the money! The Yeti is still a bit more boutique I reckon…5 is the Fireblade of the MTB world. great all-rounder, good VFM but everybodys got one!

ps Is it me, or would the Orange look so much better with an oversized seat tube?

hora
    Free Member

5 is the Fireblade of the MTB world. great all-rounder, good VFM

Thats quite flattering!

GaryLake
    Free Member

I love how the Five is considered one of the most common bikes around yet they probably only knock out a few hundred a year tops.

Obviously the choice of bike for those that actually ride a lot I guess…

whytetrash

Yep wasn't meant as an insult Hora, just personally I'd always prefer something a little different eg a 916 over a blade (at the time) despite the fact it lost out on reliability, economy etc

GaryLake..few hundred bikes a year ….for years, adds up you know! maybe the owners gravitate towards trailcentres as the bike works so well there?

hora
    Free Member

Only a few hundred? That means alot of them carry on doesnt it? I always see another one out- I reckon they are built to last? Fireblade is a huge compliment IMO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five vs. Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.