Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Five swap for Alpine Frame
  • astura
    Free Member

i have bought this topic sort of up before ages ago but not specifically about this. I have been riding a five for around 12 months and i prefer riding my mates Alpine, i find it a lot nicer handling the techy stuff and jumps/drops. So i have decided im going to get rid of my Five and go for an Alpine 160, iv listed the five for sale on the forum for £1800 (hoping this is a fair price) but i have just thought…..would i be better trying to get hold of the Alpine frame + forks and swapping just the frame and forks – could i potentially save myself some money this way.

rickmeister

What about an angleset headset bearing set. Set ?

astura
    Free Member

what is that?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

What forks are on your five? You’ll want 160’s on the alpine.

astura
    Free Member

140mm fox 32

rickmeister

Slackens the angle of your forks a little so its more Alpine 5 ish.

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/

astura
    Free Member

Ok thanks for that, i suppose tho – that doesnt solve the issue of more travel

batman11
    Free Member

Not long before I got ride of my 5 I put in some rear shox off set bushes from burgtec, made it handle very well dropped it down to 66deg on the head angle and of cause it dropped the bottom bracket, can’t remember by how much but it all seemed very stable and only £40 posted.
    Bats.

creamegg
    Free Member

Im riding bigger jumps and drops on my five than my mate does on his alpine. More down to the rider imo unless youve reached the limit of the five

astura
    Free Member

Personally I think the alpine seems a more solid frame. I’d prefer to either swap out the frame and forks or just sell my five and get an alpine.

wallop

I’ve got a Five. Swapped my forks for 34s and that made a nice difference.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five swap for Alpine Frame’ is closed to new replies.